Chapter 9 - The Last Fight

Chapter 9

I stared at the bridge before me and.. blinked.

The others were on their guards as they noticed the many works-man laying on the ground just ahead of us. I could hear their groans in pain and decided to inform my team that they were all alive 'Their alive.. just unconscious' Kakashi turned his head and raised an eyebrow, but Sakura was the one to ask - "How do you know?" I stared straight in front and she must have noticed that I wasn't going to bother answering her as she huffed and turned back around.

Suddenly, cloudy mist began forming around us and Kakashi ordered us to be wary. The others instantly surrounded Tazuna. I, on the other hand, stayed to the side with Mayonaka right beside me. He glanced down at me and frowned. This confused me. 'What?' I finally asked with a straight face.. as usual. He shook his head before looking straight ahead again "Nothing.."

"Kakashi-sensei" Sakura began "It's Zabuza, isn't it?" At Zabuza's name, Mayonaka flinched visibly. 'What now?' "She doesn't mean.. Zabuza Momochi.. does she?" I nodded slowly "I see.. then this will be a tough fight" We both twisted our necks as a new voice spoke up through the mist.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you've still got those brats with you.. That ones still trembling" I glanced at Sasuke and sure enough, he was shaking. But it wasn't due to fear, no.. It felt as though he was excited. Sasuke smirked as many Zabuza water clones appeared around them "Heh. I'm trembling.. with excitment" "Go on Sasuke" Kakashi stated.

Just as the clones went in to attack, Sasuke had already cut them all. Many splashed of water could be heard as the water clones broke apart. Mayonaka whistled from beside me "Boys got some talent" he stated with a snort. "So you could see they were water clones huh? The brats improving" Zabuza said as he came forward with Haku by his side. Said boy turned his head my way and he nodded, in a way of greeting, to which I returned with my own nod. "Looks like you've got a rival, Haku" "So it seems" Was his reply.

They all conversed for a while before the fight finally began. Sasuke and Haku went straight at each other, both with the intent to kill. The sound of the metal kunai clashing resounded across the bridge. I could feel excitement burning from Mayonaka as he watched them go at it, his eyes held bloodlust. I tilted my head and tugged on his top. Glancing down at me he rose an eyebrow "What's wrong?" '..You want blood' It was more of a statement than a question. His eyes widened and he smirked down at me "Your right.. how'd you know?" 'It shows in your eyes and I can feel the excitment of battle radiating from your body'

"Sasuke!" Sakura's shrill made me turn around to see what was happening. I glanced at the direction she was looking in and saw Sasuke about to be hit by a thousand ice needles. However, just before he could get hit, he sent chakra to his feet and leaped high up into the air. Throwing shuriken down, he forced Haku back a few steps before falling back to the ground.

With speed, Sasuke got behing Haku and they both began clashing Kunai's again. Ducking down to miss being hit, Haku did not see Sasuke's incoming kick in time and got knocked to the ground where Zabuza stood. "You made a big mistake insulting these ninja and calling them brats!" Kakashi started with a straight face "Sasuke's the best young fighter of the hidden leaf village. Sakura's our sharperst mind. Naruto's our number one, hyper-active, kunckle-head ninja and Setsuna.. well, you probably know more about her than we do.. so I can't say much.. yet" I tilted my head slightly about the 'yet' part.

Zabuza looked at me and shook his head "You'd be surprised in what we don't know about her" Turning back to Haku, he smirked "Anyway.. Haku, if we keep going like this, we'll be the victims instead of them. Get on with it" "Right!" Haku stood up and was suddenly surrounded my blue chakra. He apologised to Sasuke right before activating his Kekkei Genkai. Ice mirrors surrounded Sasuke, making him trapped. Haku stepped into a single mirror and once inside, many Haku's appeared inside each other mirror.