Chapter 5 - Dangerous Mission

Chapter 5

(Setsuna's POV)

"Sasuke, i'm at point B"

"Sakura, i'm at point C"

"Naruto and I'm at point A, believe it!"

"Too slow, Naruto. Setsuna?" Kakashi questioned through the ear piece, obviously forgetting my problem with talking. After a short moment he realised and spoke into his mic "Sorry Setsuna, I forgot" Of course, I wouldn't reply as I couldn't. Suddenly, a cat jumped into the clearing I was laying in and jumped over to me. Once close enough, it licked my nose and began playing with my hands.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi questioned, oblivious to the fact that Tora was with me. "5 meters" Was Naruto's serious reply. I could hear the three of them moving in the trees and hiding. I can't believe they havn't noticed me yet to be honest.

"Im ready to" "So am I" Where Sasuke and Sakura's responces. "Ok!...... Now" With that one word, my three teammates jumped out and landed before me. Naruto instantly grabbed Tora with a death grip and the other two sweat dropped. I stood up and watched the scene play out.

After Naruto got scratched by the cat, it jumped into away and straight into my arms, climbing onto my shoulders and just laying there with a cat smile, purring constantly. "Can you verify ribbon on right ear?" Kakashi questioned through the ear piece, still not here. I nodded at Sasuke, who confirmed it straight away.

"Right, lost pet Tora accomplished" Just as Kakashi appeared before us, Naruto shouted loudly into his mic "Can't we get a better mission!! I HATE CATS!!" In an instant, I smashed my own ear piece to the ground and held at my ear in slight pain. Kakashi, noticing this, came over and asked me if I was ok 'Hate loud noises' Was my dull reply.

_________________________________________

As soon as Tora's owner left the room, the Hokage began explaining the many other missions available. "For your next mission, we have: Babysitting, help with shopping, digging up potatos-" His bored voice was interupted by Naruto's wining.

"NOO! I wanna go on a real mission" He shouted, crossing one arm over the other in a X position. "Something challanging and exciting, not this little kid stuff" I could tell the others, well.. except Kakashi, thought the same but just didn't bother to speak their minds. "How dare you. Your just a brand new genin with no experience. You start with simple missions to develop your skills and prove yourself" Iruka shouted and I noticed the look The Hokage had as he pulled down his hat to cover his face.. embarrassed?

As Naruto began more shouting, I stepped backwards, away from them as my hearing is above average. Kakashi punched Naruto on the head and told him to shut up before the Hokage went on about the different Ranks. I already knew it so I ignored everything, that was until I heard Hokage himself slam him hands on the table and shout "Are you listening?!"

"You always lecture me but I'm not the little brat who used to play pranks all the time. I'm a ninja now and I want a real mission" It was silent and the Hokage sighed as he turned to face me. "What do you think Setsuna? Should we give him a higher mission" I stared into his eyes and blinked twice 'It is not my decision to make Lord Hokage. Whatever you chose, I will go along with it' He chuckled and gave me a smile before turning back to Naruto. "So be it. I'll give you a C-rank. You'll be bodyguards on a journy"

Sakura and Sasuke looked shocked at first, but then became happy and Naruto literally jumped into the air while fist pumping it. "Who? Who? Are we guarding a princess? or some counciler?" I could see the Hokage smirk as he told us the person we'd be guarding would come in now.

The door slid open slowly and in came an older man with a bottle of Sake. "What the-!" He exclaimed "A bunch of snot nosed kids?" After taking a swig of the bottle, he leant against the door frame, looking all flustered "You, the little one with the idiotic look on your face. Are you even a ninja?" Naruto laughed with his hands on his hips "Who's the one with the idiotic look on his face?" As they all lined up, it was clear as day that Naruto was the shortest and I already knew that I was as tall as Sasuke.