Chapter Forty Four

Taehyung Focus

I felt terrible. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep and I was feeling lonely. Great. Can't even survive one damn night without him. I thought. I got out of bed and wrapped the huge blanket around me. Then walked to the elevator and hit the button for the medical wing. Jungkook wouldn't tell me where he was sleeping, so I would go ask Jimin. Maybe he'll know. I thought.

I reached the medical wing floor and stepped into the cold hallway. I tightened the giant blanket around me and pulled some of it over my head like a hood. I almost made it to Jimin's room when a door opened. I held my breath until I realized it was Yoongi's door. To be honest, I had no idea how many people rested in this wing. I didn't know if anyone would be behind any of those doors I'd never been through. Do they just fend for themselves without a nurse? I wondered.

Through the door, Jungkook stepped out, yawning and walking sleepily down the hallway. "Kookie!" I called out. He jumped and looked at me. "Tae! I told you I wasn't gonna-"

"I know. I' don't care. I can't sleep."

"Oh." He said. He walked to me and pulled the blanket tighter over my head to cover my ears more. "You cold?" He asked. I nodded. My feet were frozen to the floor. He hugged the bundle of blankets that was me and smiled. "I'll keep you warm. Why can't you sleep? Are you having nightmares again?" I shook my head. "I don't like being alone."

"You know why I left."

"And I still haven't changed my mind. I think we'll be fine." I said, pouting. "You're not going to go out of control because of a boner."

Jungkook lifted his head and looked at me. I looked into his eyes challengingly. Just try to fucking make up more excuses. You're coming back with me whether you think you are or not. Jungkook kissed my forehead. "I'm not worried about accidentally fucking you. That's a stupid thing just thinking about. I just don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything."

"We both know I've dealt with way more people getting hard than anyone here. I'll be okay."

Jungkook kissed my forehead. "I don't know why. I just don't feel safe. If you want, I'll come back down with you." I nodded. Success. "Let's go." Jungkook turned me around and pushed me gently toward his elevator, then we got in and headed down to his room. The doors opened and I hurried over to his bed to lay down, keeping the blanket around myself. Jungkook chuckled as he climbed into the bed with me.

"Come on, it's cold!" He exclaimed when I wouldn't share the blankets. I grinned and shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. A few moments of silence later and I opened one eye. Jungkook was pouting at me, looking into my soul pleadingly with his big brown doe eyes. I giggled, not able to refuse to his pouting face and opened my arms. He rolled into my blanket covered arms, nuzzling my chest and making me blush. I closed my arms around him, the blanket covering him from the waist up.

"You're fucking warm." He said. His mouth tickled my chest. I hugged him tighter. "Sleep," I said. "I'm tired." He nodded and snaked his arms around my waist, which proved difficult because of the bundle we were in, but once he was comfortable, he was silent. And eventually, I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up with him in the same spot. I opened my arms and let him shift a little, moving away so I could see his face. He looked so peaceful. I smiled, leaned over his face, and left soft kisses on Jungkook's lips over and over until he woke up. His eyes twitched for a few moments before slowly opening. "Oh come on, you were awake this whol-"

Jungkook's hands shot upward and grabbed my face, bringing me in for another kiss- this one hard and long drawn out. I caught myself before falling into him and I used my elbows to prop myself up as he held my face to get better access. After a few more long moments, he finally pulled away and looked into my eyes. I loved it when he did that. He just looked right into me with his big brown shiny doe eyes, and I loved looking right back into them.