Chapter Ten

Jungkook Focus

I walked along the hallway to go find out which prisoner had escaped. I was back to the "janitor wing" right after dropping off my most important hostage. I walked into the closest room I found, and the smell told all. There was a dead prisoner in there.

I spent the next ten minutes searching for the empty room. I walked into one that didn't smell like death, but I already knew it was Taehyung's. I walked in anyway. Inside were the pieces of the smashed tray and all the other untouched food. I waved my lantern around and on the floor in a corner was his jacket. I had it returned to him after taking Jimin to the medical wing a few days earlier. The one who I sent to return it questioned me because giving jackets back to prisoners was not a thing I did. It was too nice.

I picked up the jacket so I could take it to my room. As soon as I did, something dropped out of it. I looked at the ground to see a silver chain with a symbol on it, along with an envelope. I lifted the lantern to get a better look at the items.

It was a silver and gold band on an old chain. The jewelry was just plain silver with a ring of gold in the middle. It had the letters "N" and "J" on it. I wonder if he has a love he was taken away from...

I stuffed the necklace in my pocket. I looked at the envelope. It was frayed at the edges and yellowed with age. On the back of it was Taehyung's name. I wanted to open it, but for some reason, something compelled me not to. I put it in my pocket along with the necklace. I put down the jacket and the lantern and looked around the rest of the room. There wasn't much there. Just the trays and a few drawings on the wall. I walked over to take a closer look at the drawings.

Damn, this boy could draw. The hostage had probably found some rocks and drawn things on the walls. On one side, he was counting the days. On the other side, he had drawn pictures of animals, himself, and to my slight dismay, a girl. The girl looked young and beautiful, with long, wavy hair that curled over her shoulders. Her eyes, the way that Taehyung had drawn them, seemed to twinkle and her smile made her face look warm and familiar.

I had no idea why, but I felt a bubbling feeling in the pit of my stomach and I was frowning. I shook my head, cursing the voice in my mind that was trying to tell me what it was. I wasn't going to believe it. I was not jealous. I did not like Taehyung, nor would I ever. It was so stupid. I only knew him as a filthy prisoner for at least three days.

I was not in love with Taehyung.

👬👬👬

Short chapter oh well. Anywho how's life mine is boring I need friends okay I'll go now bye😂