Chapter Twenty Eight

Jungkook Focus

Where the hell did he go? I thought in my head. I had talked to Yoongi earlier and he said that Taehyung walked in hoping to get his jacket from the prison wing. I already brought his jacket back though. I thought. So why would he go down there? Fear started coursing through my mind at what he could find. The corpses in the prison cells would scar him forever, and of course, the shards of the trays weren't cleaned up either.

I busted out of the elevator as soon as it opened. "Taehyung?" I called out. No answer. I sped down the hallway as fast as I could, occasionally checking rooms to see if he was in any of them. I had reached the end of the hall where the useless prisoners were kept before they killed themselves and heard... Crying? I walked further down the hall with their dimly lit walls and finally found Taehyung, curled up in my jacket, shaking. Is he getting scared again? I wondered. "Taehyung?" I asked softly. The boy looked up and me with teary eyes and tear-stained cheeks. He placed a finger over his mouth, urging me to be quiet.

That's when I heard the voice on the other side. "And then there was that time he began to call me Jin Eomma. I guess I was the mother figure to him. He told me what happened to his real mom and..." The voice just kept going on and on, making Taehyung bite his sleeve and sob quietly. Wait, that's my jacket. I thought. Why does he look so fucking small in it? He's so cute. I looked at him with a confused face. He only sobbed harder. Okay, I was concerned. What the fuck is going on?

"I should tell you how Namjoon and I met. The boy on the other side said. I recognized it as the hostage that almost went in Taehyung's old place. "Poor Tae Tae used to love this story." I frowned. Tae Tae? Taehyung bit down on his arm harder and squeezed his eyes shut. The poor boy looked like he was suffering. "Taehyung, what's going on?" I asked, whispering.

"He gave me a ring on a necklace and told me to think about it." Came the voice inside. I grabbed Taehyung's hand and tried to pull his arm out of his mouth. He only bit down harder. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Taehyung, I need you to let go. You could hurt yourself." I said quietly. "Please?"

Taehyung shook his head. "Please, let me listen." He said so quietly I could barely hear him. I settled down next to him as he cried and listened. I wrapped my arms around him and let him rest his head on my shoulder. I listened to the stories with Taehyung for maybe half an hour before the voice stopped.

"Look, buddy." It said. "I think maybe that's enough stories for you. You probably have better things to be doing, so don't worry about me and move on. Remember the mission I gave you and please, if you find Taehyung, tell him not to cry for me." I looked at Taehyung in surprise. He doesn't know that Taehyung is here? I thought.

Taehyung lifted his head up. "No wait, please go on." He begged. "Please?" The voice on the other side chuckled. "Maybe you can come back. I can't tell you if I'll live that long though. I heard they don't keep the keys to these closets." I suddenly felt my heart drop. It was true. We never kept the keys to those cells once someone was locked in there.

"If you come though, I will be more than happy to share more stories." Taehyung let loose more tears. "O-Okay." He said. His voice quivered. "B-Bye."

Taehyung let his head fall back onto my shoulder and he cried more. "Come on," I said softly. "Let's go." I lifted him up and he dragged along slowly behind me as I pulled him through the narrow hallway.

Once we reached the elevators, I pulled him in and as soon as the doors closed, I plopped down onto the ground and let him fall into me. "Who was that?" I asked. Taehyung shook his head. I pressed the button for my level. Once we'd made it down, I picked him up and carried him to the bed. "Are you at least okay? The prison cells..." I hoped he didn't look through them. The bodies...