Chapter Three

Jungkook Focus

The car stopped and I hopped out. The Trijudong gang place was an underground subway system under a town that had been left in ruins hundreds of years ago. I turned and helped Jimin out, and two of my other gang members rushed over to help carry him to the medical wing. Then, when the hostage hopped out, I grabbed his arm tightly and walked through a tunnel to a big room.

"Where are we?" The hostage asked. "Where will you be taking me?" I rolled my eyes. This kid obviously wasn't going to learn that I would not answer all his questions. "Home." I said, and I left it at that. I walked to a door in the "big room" or the main subway entrance room, to an elevator. We got in and I pushed a button to floor -6. Then I took off his blindfold.

"Is that Jimin guy going to be okay?" The hostage asked softly. "He'll be fine." I said. "We Have professional doctors to help him out." The elevator opened to a long, dark hallway. It was a hallway far underground where subway maintenance would store things and work on structural issues. The hallway was so narrow, the only way to get through was single file. There were many closets filled with dangerous tools, no windows, and no place for comfort. Those were the rooms we used for prison cells.

I normally had useless prisoners in the rooms with dangerous tools. They would all just go crazy and kill themselves, eventually. Well, all of them except Jin, of course. That was another story for another day. There were some closets we kept clear of all the dangerous objects, for the useful prisoners. If they killed themselves before we used them for trade or bait, then we were back at square zero.

I stopped by closet 2, at the end of the hallway, and opened the door. I walked in and turned on the dim light that shone faintly through the pitch black of the room. I couldn't even see my feet, the light was that bad. "Why are you limping?" The hostage asked. I turned and glared at him, then made way for him to enter. He stared at me hesitantly, not wanting to come in.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, then yanked him into the room and closed the door. "This is where you will be staying," I said. "You will be fed, and will have a ten-minute break at dawn and at dusk." The hostage was shivering. I couldn't tell if it was from fear or if he was cold. He used his jacket to help Jimin anyway, so... I realized I still wasn't wearing a shirt and suddenly felt awkward. I was thankful for the darkness hiding my blush.

"I-" The hostage began. "My name is Taehyung." He left it at that and looked down. I decided to be kind just for once and untied his hands. Then I left, remembering to lock the door behind me before walking back to the elevators.

When I reached them, I pushed the button for the one on the left. That one was my personal elevator. The other one was for everyone else if they needed to do business for me, and there were more on the other levels for the other gang members. The elevator opened and I hopped in to go up to my level. I had a level of the subway system all to myself.

Once I reached level -8, I walked out and into the room that was my bedroom. No one was allowed there and if I was needed, there were only a few people who could text me. Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok.

I walked to my wardrobe and pulled out another white shirt to put on, then headed to my bed. The events of the entire day fresh on my mind, I smiled at the ceiling. We got both hostages and left the Savagetooth gang leader on the floor with a nasty wound in his shoulder. We escaped with only one fatal injury, and Jimin was going to be okay. Eventually. The injury wasn't too bad.

And then, of course, mine. My ankle. It was grazed by a bullet when I left the gun fight. The boy, Taehyung, had asked before why I was limping, which made me immediately react with a glare. Normally, I would have snapped at anyone who asked, but I was surprised that the hostage even noticed in the first place. I thought I was a master at hiding things from people. I had successfully hidden many of my own injuries from the medical aid here, so I guess Taehyung noticing was just me letting my guard down.

But I never let my guard down.

And I very much hoped that the hostage, Taehyung, wouldn't notice things like that again.

———————————————————————————

Word count is 826 words.