Chapter Six

Jungkook Focus

I walked out of the prisoner's room feeling stupid. The man who came by was waiting outside and it was Yoongi. I nodded at him and he started walking with me to the elevators. "You're needed in the medical wing for..." I kept nodding as I pretended to listen to what my friend was saying, but really, my thoughts were elsewhere.

What the prisoner said. It was the closest anyone had ever gotten to finding out my secret and this was dangerous. Whatever the hostage was trying to do, was dangerous. I knew better than to let him play the game. I knew that whatever the boy was doing to me was more than I wanted. It took me everything not to go back there and finish what he started. I did not want to leave him on such an unsure note.

"Is Jimin okay?" Yoongi asked me. I shook my head, remembering the last time I visited him. After a few moments, I realized that Yoongi wasn't with me. I turned around and he was frozen in place, his eyes full of fear. I frowned. "Yoongi?" I asked. He looked at me and shook his head in confusion, then started walking again. "Do you have any water?" He asked me.

"Do I look like I have water?" I asked incredulously. Yoongi frowned again and shook his head. "Sorry. That was a... That was a really weak moment there- it will never happen again." I furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion and pushed the elevator button. As soon as it opened and made a dinging sound, it dawned on me. "Oh no," I said. We stepped onto the elevator. "Oh no, Yoongi, please don't tell me you-" I shook my head and looked at my friend in worry. "Please do not tell me that you fell in love with him." Yoongi widened his eyes. "I-" He began. "That would make sense." He finished quietly, looking at the floor.

I shook my head and placed my hand over my face. "You can come with me to visit him if you want, but just this once," I said. Yoongi's eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly. "Thank you so much- I don't know what I'd do if he died and I didn't get to say goodbye."

"Listen, Yoongi." I said. "He's not going to die. I won't let it happen. Kay?"

My friend nodded and calmed down. When the elevator dinged and the doors opened, we stepped out into the medical wing. "Are you gonna tell him?" I asked Yoongi. He looked at the ground. "I don't think that should even cross his mind at the moment. Later, though." Yoongi replied tiredly. I folded my arms and stopped by Jimin's door. I was glad I didn't have to worry about falling in love and shit.

"Look, I will go in there first and see how he's doing. Then I'll let you have at him for however long you want. Make sure you make it to your dorm on time though, or the others will have questions." I said. Yoongi nodded and stood patiently by the door while I headed inside. Jimin was asleep on his bed with a few monitors attached to him and the medic rushing around trying to find something.

"How is he?" I asked. The medic, a tall woman with high cheekbones, blonde hair, and a pair of glasses on her nose jumped at my voice. I have scared too many people today. I thought. The medic cleared her throat and looked nervously at me. "I don't think he's gonna make it." She said. "Surprisingly, he didn't lose half the blood he should have, but I can't get the bullet out."

I raised a brow. "Excuse me?" I asked. The medic breathed in. "I'm so sorry, there's nothing I can do. His vitals are deteriorating and he's getting progressively worse. He's leaving us faster than he should be."

At that, I turned around and left. Yoongi was still waiting outside. "Is he okay?" He asked. I shook my head. Yoongi slumped against the wall. I pulled a gun out from my waistband and handed it to him. "Have at her. We need a new medic anyway." Yoongi looked at me surprised. "You heard me," I said. "Have fun. If Jimin wakes up, at least you can talk to him."

Yoongi looked down. "How much longer does he have?" He asked quietly. I grabbed the hem of my shirt. "I'll let you ask the medic." Yoongi nodded and I opened the door for him. Once he was in, I closed it and walked back to the elevators. It was time to go get the new medic. I smirked as I heard the gunshot sound behind me and knew Yoongi's patience disappeared.

👇👇👇

Oofles