Chapter 1

Izuku pov:

I didn't know what to do, what can you do if your dream's crushed? How do I react? I just stared at All Might, the one person who I thought could give me hope, but he was just like everyone else, Kacchan was right.

What was I thinking? Me, quirkless Deku, a hero? Yeah right, I was nothing more than a child hoping for the impossible. It was pitiful.

I hung my head staring blankly at the ground, I could hear All might talking, but all I could hear was static. I smiled bitterly at the ground when he left and looked at the edge of the roof.

I tilted my head and for a moment I entertained the idea of taking Kacchan's advice, but shook my head, what if they blamed Kacchan? He'll never be able to become a hero and what if All might blamed himself?

No, I couldn't let that happen, besides it was nothing more that an easy way out. Nothing was that easy for me. With a small humorless smile I left.

***

I'm not sure how I ended up at a villain attack, instinct maybe, or maybe it was just a habit I couldn't quite get rid of, but looking at the villain, I felt numb. All I could see was Kacchan trying to escape. Dying.

He was dying, the heroes weren't helping him and before I even knew what I was doing, before I could so much as think, I was running towards them.

I quickly throw my bag at the villain's eye allowing Kacchan a few seconds to breathe, before his mouth is covered by the slime again and I started clawing at it. I knew it was pointless, I was almost killed by it after all.

I could hear myself talking and I knew I was crying, but how was I supposed to help?

The only reason I wasn't dead is because All might saved me and like the thought summoned him - speak of the devil and he will appear - I heard All Might shout something and in seconds the slime was gone.

I slumped to my knees relieved while I watched Kacchan breathing, he was okay, he was alive. I barely registered the fact it was raining.

***

I didn't look at the heroes while they lectured me and praised Kacchan, of course I was angry, but I didn't say anything while I waited for them to get it over with so I could go home.

In the corner of my eye I saw Kacchan leaving. I scowled as the so-called heroes continued to lecture me.

I saved him or I at the very least I tried to, something no ine else was going to do, not even the heroes and I get lectured for it.

Kacchan did more damage than good and he gets praised and all because he had a flashy quirk, how idiotic.

"Can I leave now?" I asked my voice barely a whisper, the hero grunted in response before walking away mumbling something about reckless youth.

I got up and left. I didn't want to be here anymore. I just wanted to go home.

Unfortunately, like usual I suppose, I couldn't get what I wanted.

Kacchan stopped me a few blocks away from my apartment. He was glaring at me coldly as he did so.

I didn't really care about what he had to say so I ignored him until I heard the words "I don't owe you anything." leave his mouth and with those words something snapped in my mind. I sneered at him, I didn't care about the consequences anymore.

"You're pathetic, you did more harm than good and you want to call yourself a hero? What a joke." I said without much thought, I just knew I had to say it.

I was so tired of him getting what he wanted just because of his quirk. He and everyone around me has been using me and abusing me, just because I was quirkless, I was sick of it, I worked harder than all of them and they get the praise.

"You're better of a villain."

After that I couldn't remember much, I remember Kacchan's angry face, a bright light before I found myself screaming and sobbing in pain my hands covering my left eye.

I heard footsteps, someone was running away, probably Kacchan and if I wasn't mistaken I think someone else was running toward me. I blacked out before I could see who came to my rescue or what I hoped was my rescue, maybe Kacchan will get his way and I'll die.

Bakugou pov:

I froze and stared down at Deku's shaking, screaming, sobbing form. The blood on my hand all the more noticeable as Deku held his hands where mine was just moments ago.

I could smell blood and burned flesh. Deku stopped screaming, he was just sobbing now. I didn't know what to do, but when I heard footsteps and a surprised shout.

I started to run away, away from the blood, the smell of burning flesh, away from Deku who was helpless and sobbing as a stranger approached him.

I wanted to hurt the nerd, but I didn't want that, I didn't even think I was capable of doing something like that

All I could think about was the blood, there was so much blood, and for one selfish moment I thought I will never be able to get into U.A because of this.

_______________________________________

Right then first chapter... Comment on anything you would like to see or not, it's up to you, but please give some ideas on how you want the story to go