Chapter 2: New Arrival

Within Namimori Middle school, a lone teacher was getting ready to inform her students about a new transfer student. This was their first international student in such a while and so the whole staffs were quite excited for their arrival. Luckily, this teacher got chosen to have the student in her class. Feeling a bit giddy, the teacher entered the 2A classroom, leaving the student to wait in the hallway.

"Settle down everyone," the teacher announced, gaining the students' attention. "I have some important news. Class, we have a new transfer student coming in today."

Enthusiastically, the students within the classroom burst into whispers, each wondering who this new person could be. Curious whispers were exchanged with friends and neighboring seatmates, all eager by the sudden novelty in their life.

"I bet you it's a girl!"

"No! It got to be a boy!"

"Ooooh! I hope he's hot!"

"Do you think the student will be a foreigner?"

"Please, let it be a cute girl!"

"This is EXTREMELY awesome!" Amidst his enthusiasm, a tanned teenage boy with gray eyes and short white hair had jumped up from his seat with one foot placed on his desk in a victory pose as his voice surpassed the chatters of his peers.

"Please! Settle down everyone and Sasagawa-san! What did I tell you about shouting in my class! Why are you even on your desk?! Get down from there right this instant!" All the students simmered down their excitement, including the loud one who sheepishly sunk back down into his seat. Once things were settled, the teacher turned to the door, calling out to the transferee. "Kimura-san, you can come on in now."

The door of the classroom slid open with an audible 'click', before a young boy walked in. All the girls in the classroom swooned when they saw the boy. They could tell from the fitting form of his uniform – tucked-in white dressed shirt, dark blue tie and pants – that his body was slim, yet muscular. He was a bit on the short side and a bit feminine-looking, but it did not deter from his appearance like most would expect it would. Instead, it seemed to enhance it, giving him a soft, gentle look.

His luscious, long, jet black hair seemed to float behind him with every steps the boy took. The students watched him with bated breath, anticipating seeing his face. Stopping in front of the classroom by the teacher's desk, the boy turn to face the class.

Hearts of many students jolted from the unique yet eerie eyes that adorn the boy's face: bright, bloody-red eyes. At first, they were frightened by the coloration of the eyes. Their bodies instinctively frozen as though they were being looked upon by a predator. It wasn't until they blinked and took in the soft smile dancing on the boy's lips that the tension leaked away from their bodies. With that smile, the image in front of them turned back into an attractive boy – a strikingly exotic and androgynous-looking boy.

Once they have gotten over their assessment of the boy, faint whispers floated to the surface. Apprehensive glances were exchanged as some of the students were unsure on what to think of the new student. Ignoring the whisper this time around, the teacher made the introduction.

"Everyone, this is Kimura Yuuki. He has recently transferred here from Canada and I expect you all to kindly welcome him to our country." The teacher turned to the transfer student. "Why don't you say a few things about yourself, Kimura-san?"

Yuuki nodded and greeted the class with a polite smile on his face, "Hello, it's nice to meet you. As you may have heard, my name is Kimura Yuuki. I am 16 years old and I have just recently moved here from Canada. Before coming here, I was constantly on the move because of the family business and so I was homeschooled for most of my life. Now that I am here though, I hope my time here in Namimori be a memorable one. Thank you."