twenty two

Brendon knew this was hard for me.

Cali's first dance class was today, for ballet.

She was so excited, wearing a light pale pink skirt and black leotard as Brendon smiled and helped her put her shoes on.

After I did her hair in a bun, she was ready.

The car ride felt all too familiar, and before I knew it I was back at the dance studio I wasted my childhood at.

Cali fit in perfectly, rushing into the rehearsal room with all the other little girls. Brendon was beaming as he watched her twirl around, unable to take his eyes of her.

"Look!" He said, pointing to Cali as she had already mastered a leap. "She's fantastic!" He smiled even wider, his arm around me.

"The families can't be in the viewing room right now." One of my mom's workers said. She was short and had very pale skin and a black pixi cut. Her name was Lorelei and I danced with her growing up.

"Wow, if it isn't Lillian." She smirked.

"Hi Lori." I said.

"You have a kid?" She asked, completely ignoring me and turning to face Brendon.

"Right there." He pointed to Cali.

"Oh she's so cute! Looks just like her daddy!" Lorelei giggled, her hand on Brendon's arm.

"Thank you." He said politely, casually shaking her hand off and turning his focus to Cali.

"Yanno, I'm in this springs ballet." Lorelei said, twirling her hair around her long, bony finger.

"That's cool." Brendon nodded.

"You should come see it." She bit her lip.

"I would but I think i'll be busy with my girlfriend and daughter. Lots of stuff to do with my girls." Brendon squinted.

"Girlfriends dont seem too permanent for a hottie like you." Lorelei giggled.

Brendon pulled me down onto his lap and kissed me on the cheek, holding me tight. "The one I have I plan on being with for a very long time, Thanks anyways though."

Lorelei looked at me with envy in her eyes. "Oh, so I see you and that dumb Eden bitch both got knocked up?"

"EVE doesn't have a kid, I do. I see you still are oh so jealous of me." I smirked.

"You can't be in the viewing room!" She completely snapped, shooing us into the hallway.

"Well she's psychotic." Brendon said, making me laugh.

"Something like that." I said, looking into the other room. It was empty, there was no class in there.

I learned ballet in that room.

I opened the door and walked in, Brendon close behind me.

"Is this where you learned?" He asked, me nodding as I slipped on a pair of extra Pointe shoes.

"Show me what you got." he said, sitting in front of me.

Giggling, I began to do turns. I was an amazing turner back when I danced, so I was doing multiple ones with ease.

"Holy shit!" Brendon laughed. "Here watch I can be a ballerina." He joked, pretending to do spins.

"Okay Nerd." I laughed, running across the the room and doing a leap.

Brendon followed, looking funny as he failed in his converse.

"Here, hold my waist." I laughed, him securing his hands around my waist. I dipped back, my showing off how flexible my back still was.

I came back up, coming face to face with him. "How did you not just break yourself?" he asked, me shrugging.

"Alright, Prima Ballerina is done for the day." I giggled, taking the shoes off and slipping my vans back on.

"You're amazing, why did you stop?" Brendon asked.

"Terrible time in my life. I don't feel anything for it." I shrugged, Brendon nodding.

"Well I think you're a great ballerina when you want to be"