eighteen

"EVE!" I said, stepping out of the bathroom in a short black mini dress with tiny straps.

"You look adorable!" She giggled, jumping up and down excitedly.

"I'm so excited." I smiled, my face beaming.

"I'm excited for you!! He's downstairs waiting!! This is like prom!" Eve said.

Cali was obviously with us, she was one of the girls too. Even when sometimes she didn't fully understand what was going on she's been a part of countless girl talks.

"Are you going on a date?" She asked.

"Daddy and I are." I said, making Cali smirk and jump up and down.

"Are you excited to stay over my place?" Eve asked, leading us out of the room as Cali nodded eagerly. Boots the dog was coming as well, following Cali literally everywhere.

We walked down the stairs and that's when I saw my date. He was wearing black skinny jeans, all black converse, and a white button up dress shirt and a black tie.

"Oh my god!" Eve screeched, clapping like an excited five year old.

Out of habit I fixed Brendon's tie, only sending Eve over the edge.

"Go! Go! Go!" She said excitedly, ushering us out of the house and into the car.

Brendon began to drive to the tattoo parlor, a smile on his face. "You excited?" I asked him, and he nodded with a huge smile on his face.

once we were at the tattoo parlor, i realized brendon truly knew everyone. "Hey!" He smiled brightly, fist pumping a ginormous man covered in snake tattoos. "Hey man!" the guy said back, smiling. The man was even taller than Brendon.

"This is Lily." Brendon said, gesturing to me. "Hello, i'm Gunner." The man said, he seemed very sweet. I shook his hand, "Nice to meet you!"

"She's a dime, Bren!" A man from the back room called, who was currently tattooing a penis on a clearly intoxicated mans thigh.

"Hell yeah she is!" Brendon grinned, Gunner patting him on the back.

"Where are you getting the tat? And what is it of?"A girl behind the desk asked. She had bright blue hair and neon green piercings all over her face.

"It's gonna be my daughters name and birthdate in cursive with a butterfly." He said, smiling. "On my arm"

"That's so cute!" The girl said happily, already beginning to sketch it out so Gunner can tattoo it on Brendon.

"I've known Brendon ever since 4th grade." Gunner smiled proudly. "I remember that time we were in the hallway and his pants fell down! He didn't want to wear a belt!"

That story made me laugh, Brendon rolling his eyes and laughing along.

Eventually the tattoo sketch was done and Brendon was laying on the tattoo bench with his arm ready to be poked with the needle.

Gunner cleaned it off and began tracing. The noise scared me and I grabbed Brendon's hand tightly, more scared then him.

"What's wrong?" He asked calmly. "That looks like it hurts so bad!" I said. "No, it doesn't. Don't worry." He laughed.

After the tattoo was done, I couldn't see it because it was already wrapped. Brendon rolled his sleeve over it, straightening his tie and dress shirt.

Although Gunner insisted the tattoo was free, Brendon paid him fully. As we were walking out, he held my hand and smiled.

"I'm gonna have to warn you, Lil." He said, holding the door open for me. "About what?" I asked.

"The place we're going to eat is owned by my mom's friends. They were around my whole childhood." He said, driving to the restaurant. "All embarrassing stories are a sorry in advance."

I laughed, making him crack a smile. "Oh, I can't wait!" I said, clapping my hands excitedly.

He pulled into the driveway of a small Italian restaurant. The place had fairy lights and it was a beautiful brick building. We walked in, and as soon as we walked in it was like the pope arrived.

"Brendon!" A short Italian woman exclaimed, throwing her arms around him and kissing him on the cheek. "It's been too long! How are you?"

"Hi Anita, I'm great. And yourself?" He asked with a smile, hugging her back as she pinched his cheek.

"I have to go get Sal." She said, running back to the kitchen. A grey haired Italian man with a apron came out, beaming.

"Brendon!" He said in a thick Italian accent, hugging Brendon. "Sal!!" Brendon said, hugging him tightly.

"Who is this?" Anita asked, pointing to me.

"My date." Brendon wiggled his eyebrows, grabbing my hand.

"Oh my goodness!" Anita said, throwing her arms around me and hugging me. "What is your name, darling?" She asked.

"I'm Lilly, it's great to meet you." I said, Sal hugging me too.

"Brendon finally brought a beautiful girl!" Sal said happily. "Follow Anita, we'll clear you the best table we have."

We were led through the restaurant to a tiny candle lit table, Anita sitting us down and handing us menus.

"Wow, it's like you're a celebrity." I smiled, Brendon laughing.

"Sal is like my dad. I love that guy, Anita is great too." He said.

We ate what was most likely the best pasta i've ever had, laughing our asses off about all the fun times we had already shared. Once we were done eating and our plates were cleared, Brendon looked nervous.

"Alright uh, you know how I got the tattoo of a butterfly next to all Cali's stuff?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well I uh- I got her this." He said, and he took out a small ring. It was gold with a little butterfly on it with a tiny diamond in the middle.

"It's beautiful Bren, she's going to love it." I said with a wide smile.

"I uh..." He trailed off, playing with his hands. I didn't say anything, instead I folded my hands in my lap and waited for him to speak patiently.

Brendon took out a red box, placing it on the table. "I thought it could be like...a uh promise ring? Like since I really love you and -" he trailed off, opening the box.

In the box was a rose gold ring, with a diamond in the middle. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Brendon, It's beautiful." I said in pure shock.

"You don't have to wear it if you don't like me like that or anything- I uh just saw it and thought of you." He said.

I held my hand out, making him smile. He slid the ring on my finger.

"Thank you so much." I smiled, admiring it.

"I uh....would you maybe want to be my...girlfriend?" He asked.

I couldn't stop smiling.

"Yes!"