twenty

Eve didn't even believe me when we sat down next to eachother the day of the graduation.

I straightened out my dress as I sat in the auditorium with all the other parents. Eve was next to me, along with the rest of the guys. They all wanted to see Cali graduate kindergarten.

"Did you know about this?!" I asked Pete, who was pretty silent in this whole situation.

"Lilly, They broke up literally two days after you and him met again." He said to me, his hand on my shoulder.

"It's whatever." I said, and then the ceremony began.

"Mommy!" it was after the ceremony when Cali jumped into my arms and hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you!" I said excitedly, kissing my daughter on the cheek.

After Cali ran off and started to talk to everyone else, Brendon came up to me.

He looked cute, wearing a long sleeve button up white shirt with black pants and a black tie. It was his usual look, but he had a suit jacket on as well.

"Heyo, I finally got finished taking pictures with all the students and talking to parents." He smiled, his arm around my waist casually.

"I uh...Can we talk? In private?" I asked him.

He looked confused but nodded as we walked out of the auditorium and into the hallway.

"Who's Elizabeth Sharpe?" I asked Brendon, and his face fell.

"My ex girlfriend." he said truthfully, his hands in his pockets.

"And when did you guys break up?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Two days after I met you." He said, also truthfully.

"Why did you break up?" I asked, my arms still crossed and my guard still up.

"Because I knew I had feelings for you. I never loved her in the first place, I was literally only dating her because I was depressed as fuck." He said.

"Okay." I said calmly, uncrossing my arms.

"I would have liked if you told me!" I said.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot." He said back, by the pained look in his eyes I could tell he was telling the complete truth.

"Alright. I'm done fighting about this, it's in the past."