nineteen

"last day of school last day of school!" Cali screamed, running around the house.

"Cali you have to leave! Come here." I said, stressed out of my mind as she ran over to me and plopped down in front of me.

I began to do her hair, her bouncing making it difficult.

"Where's dad?" She asked.

"He's in the shower." I said, finishing her hair as she got up and started running around some more.

Today was her last day of kindergarten, and her graduation was later this night.

"Been!" I said, walking into the bathroom without even bothering to knock.

"Baby i'm showering!" He said over the loudness of his Fall Out Boy blasting from the orange speaker Dallon got him.

"Oh yeah because I haven't seen you naked before." I rolled my eyes, beginning to do my makeup. I had to do some things to get ready for vet school which was beginning in a month.

Brendon stuck just his head out of the shower, his dark hair covered in foamy shampoo.

I smiled, turning around and facing him. I played with his hair, making it stick up in all directions.

He laughed, kissing me multiple times on the cheek. "Nice ring." He said, gesturing to the promise ring on my finger as he got back in the shower.

"Gee thanks, My boyfriend got it for me." I laughed, applying my mascara on my eyes.

Brendon came out of the shower, a turquoise towel with disney characters all over it around his waist.

"Nice towel." I laughed, making him roll his eyes. "This is the only one I could find." He laughed.

He began to attempt to blow dry his hair, and it was a total fail.

"Sit." I said, making him sit on Cali's step stool. I began to blow dry his hair, styling it like he usually wears it.

"You should just do my hair every morning." He laughed, standing up and looking in the mirror.

Him and I were strangely comfortable with eachother, me doing my makeup in the mirror and him buttoning up his shirt.

"Alright, Be at the school auditorium for six tonight?" He asked me.

"Yup."

We made sure Cali's lunch was packed and him and Cali were off.

I was now at the house alone, and a few things caught my eye. After all, this was originally Brendon's house.

One day he ended up putting a bunch of new photos out, and now Cali's school picture was on display.

I think all of this just happened so fast. One day my daughter started kindergarten, and now her teacher is officially her father.

As I kept looking around at my new home, I noticed a few things.  He forgot his cellphone.

I knew that I shouldn't have, but I unlocked it. His password was typical Brendon, 1234.

I looked through his photos. Some of him and his friends, some of Cali, some of him and I. There was nothing suspicious there.

When I got to messages, that's when the suspiciousness began. Lots were normal, but one stood out.

"ELIZABETH SHARPE"

I read the messages and couldn't believe my eyes.

Brendon had a girlfriend the day we first met.