seventeen

I was laying on Eve's couch, my head on her lap as she played with my hair.

"I'm sorry I ruined your bone session with Dallon." I sniffled.

"It's okay, that was like our fourth time today. Dick is dumb." Eve said, making me cringe.

"Dick is so dumb!" I said, which just led me into another hysterical crying fit.

"I know, I know." Eve said, trying her best to comfort me.

I couldn't stop thinking about Brendon, to the point where my heart psychically hurt. He said something he shouldn't have, but so did I. I literally doubted that he would be a good father.

"I basically said he's gonna be a dead beat dad." I wept, unable to form my words.

"It's just words, Lil." Eve reassured me.

"Eve his dad used to beat the shit out of him. He still has a scar." I choked out. "H-He took me and Cali to meet his mom today. That's where Cali is. I basically told him he was gonna be like his asshole father."

"I know, I know." She reassured me again. She had no idea about Brendon's past, so when I said that her body tensed up.

"And he still fucking waited for me to get out of the car and into your house safely. He still wanted me to be okay after I said that horrible thing to him." I was full on choking on my own sobs at this point.

"Lilly what the fuck is going on with you? I thought you weren't going to get attached to him. I've never seen you this sad about someone." She rubbed my back.

"I love him. Eve I love him so much, I can't explain. I love him and I know he doesn't love me." I hiccuped.

"Get up. Now." Eve said, me getting up and wiping my mascara off my eye bags.

She dialed Dallon's number, and the four of us were officially planning to go to Brendon and I's house. An intervention, if you will.

I looked awful, I had changed into leggings and one of Eve's old band shirts. Slipping on flip flops, we were on our way to the house.

When I got in I couldn't believe my eyes.

There he was, sitting on the couch with the blankest expression on his beautiful features. His eyes were red and puffy and his face was drained of all color.

Dallon was next to him, still wearing his goofy outfit from before.

"Okay well, you both said shit you didn't mean." Eve said.

Dallon spoke, "Brendon basically shamed you for sleeping around all those years ago, and you said that he was going to leave your daughters life."

I stared at the coffee table, and that's when I noticed something. Brendon had framed a photo that me and him took. In the photo it was at Cali's birthday, we were holding hands and smiling wide. It was in a black frame, and stuck on the corner of the frame was the Hello Kitty bandaid I had put over his scar.

That just made me cry more. I couldn't look at him, tears literally were staining my shirt.

Brendon on reflex got up to run over to me, but Dallon held him back.

"You guys need to discuss this." Dallon said.

"I said it because i'm scared that you don't truly want to be in her life. Or my life. I didn't mean to insinuate that you're like your father. You're nothing like your father. I'm so sorry." I said.

"I would never leave. I got mad and said that thing about you sleeping around because I was hurt. I n-never" Brendon was having trouble speaking, he swallowed and continued. "You guys are what makes me the happiest. I would give up any band, any tour just to be her dad. I don't know what we are but I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart that I love you."

I got up off of the couch, pushing past Dallon and literally falling into Brendon's arms. "I love you too." I cried, him rubbing my back.

Eventually Dallon and Eve left after we vowed to leave our argument in the past.

Currently Brendon was cleaning up some toys Cali left behind, me ordering us a pizza.

I walked into the livingroom, watching him secretly. He was so cute, singing quietly to himself. He was singing the Celine Dione hits, music he told me his mother would always play when they cleaned.

"Pizza is on its way." I smiled, walking over to him.

He smiled, wrapping his tattooed arms around me and kissing me on the cheek.

"I was wondering something." He said, his hand on my cheek now, his thumb stroking it.

"Yeah?" I asked, in a daze as I looked at him.

"Right here." he said, pointing to an empty space on his arm that was non tattooed. "I'm getting Cali's name and birth date. Tomorrow." He said firmly.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"Positive." I smiled, squeezing him tightly with excitement.

"Also, we never went on that date." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"That's true, Urie." I said, smirking.

"Would you wanna go to dinner tonight after I get my tattoo? And maybe see a movie? On me." He said.

"I would love that."