-11-

"Who?"

I thought it was Jazz."Sorry, I misspoke ." I said."That's okay. We all make mistakes." She said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I smiled sadly at her and we climbed out of her car. She locked the car and I followed her to her apartment. We had to use a elevator and soon we arrived at the 3rd floor. We walked down the hallway and passed a few doors before arriving at her place. 036. Floor three apartment six.

I walked in and saw everything in her living room had some old furniture, old carpet and one of those box TV's."Dan, you can put your bag in that corner." Mrs. Wenchester said as she pointed at a corner close to the front door and that isn't occupied. I placed my bag there with the little few books I had left inside of it. Some of my books is left behind in my room at Vlad's place. I hate him.

"Dan, I'm going to make some soup tonight. Are you allergic to something?" My wonderful teacher asked."Uh, nothing." I answered."Alright. While I'm busy, I'm going to let you settle in your room." She said as she showed me the way to my room. It was the first door in the hallway on the right. I walked in and the scent of old lady perfume attacked my nostrils."The bathroom is across the room. Dinner will be ready soon." She said and I nodded giving her a hug."Thank you." I said."Your welcome." She said hugging back. She left and started with the soup as I face planted into the bed. 

Why is she so nice to me?

Why?

Is she playing me or something?

I looked around from where I lied down on the bed.  The bed was against the wall that had a window. In front of the bed was a closet build into the wall, next to it was a mirror and then next  to the bed was a bedstand with a lamp. Across the room was a desk with just a flower pot on it.

I heard classical music coming from the kitchen. I walked towards the kitchen and saw Mrs. Wenchester dancing a small waltz as she puts chopped up vegetables and small pieces of meat in a pot. I smiled at how happy she looked.

I walked down the hall and saw pictures of family moments hanging on the wall. One was Mrs. Wenchester's wedding. Then a birthday party where her husband was bringing in the cake."My husband made the best food." A voice said behind me."Where is he now?" I asked."He was murdered." She said.'I'm sorry I asked." I said."Don't worry. It was 18 years ago." She said.

"Come on. The food is almost ready." She said and I followed her to the kitchen. My nostrils was immediately filled with a delicious aroma. We sat down at a small round table and we ate. She switched on the tv and the news was on."Is it delicious?" She asked."Tasty." I said licking off my lips.

"And in other news, a dangerous ghost escaped the GIW for the first time and started going on a rampage near Casper High. Fortunately, Phantom came to help and with a whole new look and a new power. Here we see the footage taken by our camera men." Lance Thunder said on the news as the footage of me fighting that ghost and then unleashing my Ghostly Wail on it.

Once that was finished a interview with Agent A, Head of the GIW, was going to happen after a short break."You are quite a hero." Mrs. Wenchester said."I'm no hero. I let people die." I said."Dan, just because you failed once doesn't mean you will fail again." She said."I still failed to much, people get in the way of my fights with all the ghosts and ends up getting injured or worse, they die. That's why I am hated everywhere, no matter where I went, human or ghost." I said crying for the first time in a while.

"I don't know what it is like to feel what you feel but stay strong, in the end you will come out stronger." She said. She was right, but it is easier said than done. I want fresh air. Maybe later I can go out for a flight.