Chapter 7: The Ride

The Ride:

It felt like I was being torn from my body into this milky substance and instantly returned to the solid parts of my body whenever I transported with Xander. It was really odd, an out of body experience, that I could never get used to.

Xander looked around the dark alley that I had shown him in my mind to transport us to. I still held onto him like he was my life and followed his every move as he looked around. He coughed to himself making me realize I was holding onto him a little too tightly.

I slowly let go and stepped away from him.

He glanced at me weirdly,"Oh c'mon Nai, it's not that bad!"

My jaw dropped,"Are you kidding me! It's so...so weird."I shivered.

He scoffed,"Well where is this guy?"

I walked around the edge of the alley to the dimly lit smoothie shop. I saw Liam walk out of it quickly and he looked over at me. An instant smile popped onto his face. I drew down my block.

Happy to see me? I laughed.

He laughed as he came closer to me. Very. I thought you wouldn't come...

His voice trailed off as he looked behind me. Suddenly both of them blocked me. I turned around to see Xander standing behind me giving Liam a sinister look. I turned to look at Liam's face who also looked sinister.

Both their jaws were tight and squared off. Their eyes stared upon each other intensly.

Something was off. Something was really off.

"Do you guys know each other well?"I asked as my breath smoked out between the their tense stances.

Liam broke the stare and looked over at me,"I thought it would be just you?"

I bit my lip,"I know...well Xander, my friend, wanted to come...I hope you don't mind?"

"He won't."Xander stated and came closer to me.

Liam looked at our close proximity and his jaw tightened.

"So..."I started awkwardly.

"Do you mind if I talk to you,"Liam began,"alone?"

I awkwardly glanced back at Xander and then to Liam,"Um yeah,"I looked back to Xander,"It'll only be a second."

Liam brushed Xander's shoulder as he walked into the alley. I looked up at Xander giving him the  trust-me face and I followed Liam deeper into the alley but not too far from Xander's sight.

"Block him,"Liam whispered to me as we were out of earshot from Xander.

"Why?"I whispered back to him,"Wait you know he's a Calidisi?"

"I brushed his shoulder for a reason, Nailah. I needed to check if he was one and I know you wouldn't just bring along anyone with you."

I blocked Xander from my mind as he was about to unblock me but oddly Liam still had me blocked.

"Okay, he's blocked,"I stated quickly.

"Nailah, they were just expecting you. I can't just bring him with us,"Liam looked past my shoulder over to Xander then back to my face,"I don't know if he's trustworthy. He's keeping something from you."

"Look, Liam. Xander is my best friend and I couldn't' just keep this from him. We never keep anything from each other, it would be too hard to anyways with how strongly connected we are to each other."I paused as I noticed Liam slightly flinch when I mentioned how strong of a connection I had with Xander,"If it's too much trouble then maybe we can do this some other time."