Chapter 4: An Odd Encounter

An Odd Encounter:

I headed back into the fitting room and put back on my clothes secretly happy with my dress. Evie paid for it as a gift to me and I thanked her. Uva expected a rush delivery for me, I couldn't wait.

We walked out the store, the wind hitting us perfectly. Then I saw Mara. She looked at me disgustedly and brushed past me. I rolled my eyes. She always had to act like some little kid.

Evie smiled at me evilly,"I hated her older sister too,"she said when Mara was out of earshot.

I laughed,"You did?"

She nodded to me and looked around the shopping center,"Hey Nailah, I'm going to go look in that store over there," she pointed to a shoe store.

"Okay, I'll go get myself a smoothie," I told her as I spotted a small smoothie shop two buildings away from the shoe store.

"Be safe!" she yelled out at me as we walked in separate directions.

I finally came to the white door and went into the small, vintage style shopped. It was empty except for a guy washing tables and a cashier.

I walked up to the petite cashier,"I'll have a strawberry banana smoothie please."

"Okay, it'll be $4.36," the girl's sweet, squeaky voice said to me.

I pulled my money from my back pocket and handed her the money. I looked around as she put the money in the cashier. I never came into this part of town much and this was a new place to me. It was kind of a vintage, homey style that I really liked.

"Here's your receipt," she handed me the small strip of paper.

I grabbed it and began to walk towards a small table when I slipped on the slippery floor. I felt myself falling and put my arms up in surprise then a strong grip came around to hold me around my waist and my head landed in the crook of a masculine arm. My eyes were closed shut when all of a sudden I heard a loud buzzing in my head.

Oh no, no! I'm so sorry!

A new voice came into my head and my eyes popped open wide.

"Are you okay?" the busboy asked still holding me in his arms.

I think she's okay, I just hope I don't lose my job for this! The male voice spoke again.

"I-I'm fine," I stood up and he let go of me. The guy was taller than me and his brown curly locks and his dark blue eyes captivated me.

She's beautiful. Her eyes, her soft looking hair, her lips. Damn I need to stop staring before she thinks I'm weird.

The busboy looked away from me,"So sorry, some water fell and I haven't cleaned it up yet."

The squeaky voice of the cashier spoke up,"Sorry for that Miss. He's new here."

I smiled at her,"Oh no, it's fine!"

Who are you? I finally replied to the new voice in my head. I studied the busboy's reaction, he had to be the voice in my head, it sounded just like him.

His face scrunched up into confusion then he looked at me as I watched him. It can't be.

"Your smoothie, Miss," the cashier called out to me. I went over and grabbed the smoothie and thanked her.

Can we talk outside? I glanced over to the busboy who was still watching me as I sipped my smoothie, and went outside finding a small alley next to the shop where I waited for him. Minutes later he frantically came to where I was.