Chapter 14: Fine or Forgive?

Chapter 14: Fine or forgive?

Evie knocked on my open door as I did some homework on my bed. I smiled up at her.

"Hey," she walked in.

I moved some of my school stuff off my bed, "Want to sit?"

"No, it's fine," she smiled at me, "I just wanted to let you know that Damon and I are going to go out tonight. Will you be fine by yourself?"

I smiled at her, "Yeah that's fine. You two have fun."

She put a piece of her light colored hair behind her ear, "Hey I saw Liam and you on front page news," she winked at me.

"Oh god!" I buried my face in my hands, "It's so embarrassing."

Evie laughed and picked up my face from my hands, "It's adorable. Don't worry about what others say, just be you."

I gave her a small smile, "I know."

"Okay well I'm going to go home and get ready for my date tonight," Evie hugged me.

"Have fun," I hugged her back and we let go.

She closed my door behind her and I grabbed my English book. I started reading the book but my thoughts kept straying to the fight I had with Xander.

Who did he think he was? He was just being paranoid and after everything he couldn't trust me. We shared everything, food, movies, homes, minds, thoughts, dreams, and he still couldn't find it in himself to understand what this means to me. I lived through misery when my mother was taken away all because of a stupid fear and if I could change this fear, I would take that chance no matter what.

A tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it away.

I refocused my eyes on the book in front of me and read. I finished the next two chapters but the constant nagging for knowledge of the people I was dealing with kept hanging in the back of my mind. I shut the book and pulled out my laptop.

I brought the graphics up from the screen to free float in front of me and scrolled to find my search engine. My holographic keyboard popped up in front of me when I clicked the search tab and I typed in Calidisi.

Calidisi: The Biggest Threat...Calidisi: Mutants, Monsters, and Murderers...Unite Against Mutants...

I scrolled through the first few links cringing at how negative they were. I finally found a link that seemed interesting. Calidisi: The Myth

Mutants are the biggest threat in today's world and many countries have united against this huge threat under the protection of the overseers. Calidisi are human mutants who are unnatural yet look like any other human. Calidisi are the superior kill because they blend in so well and the overseers will reward anyone who can bring a Calidisi to them.

I scrolled through more and found the section under myths.

Calidisi have been said to have fangs or crazy eyes but the fact is that they look like humans. The only way you can figure out if you have a Calidisi is if they use their 'powers' or confess. It's been said that Calidisi mind read and have a special power of their own. However, there are still studies going on whether Calidisi come with a 'special' power or not.

It's been said that they are ruled by their own counsel called 'the elders'. Whether 'the elders' exists or not, it's disturbing to our livelihood. If they can organize themselves and get around the overseers, which is seemingly impossible, then it seems they might plan an overthrow of the overseers.