Chapter 6: Shiiii...zingers!

Shiiii...zingers!:

I closed my eyes and laid back into the soft leather seats of the hover car. My dark, hair sprawled out around my head and my lips were slightly open. It was a long day at school as I was exhausted.

The car came to a smooth stop and I slowly opened up my eyes and got myself together as the driver walked around to open my door. My black flats softly touched the rubble ground as I exited the car.

"Thank you,"I quickly said to the driver and walked my way up the large, stone steps of the humoungous mansion, more like a castle.

I entered the empty marbled entryway and I heard the faint voices of my father and Andor. I tried to tiptoe my way up the stairs to avoid them but my father had ears like a deer.

"Nailah!" he bellowed.

I sighed to myself annoyed and walked back down the few steps I managed to walk up,"Yes father?" I yelled back at him.

"Don't take that tone with me!"

I rolled my eyes,"What freaking tone..."I mumbled to myself making annoyed faces.

Andor came through the archway and smiled at me,"Hey there stranger,"he patted the top of my head.

"Stop it!"I smacked his hand away from me and patted down my hair,"You know I don't like that."

My father came up behind Andor and looked at me.

"Hello,"I greeted him,"What's up?"

"Did anyone ask you to the dance?"he asked.

I became silent and Andor snickered at my silence.

"Well?"he pushed on.

"I-I well uhm..."

"You haven't have you? Well Mulri's son would like to court you to the dance."

My jaw dropped,"You-You've got to be kidding me. Mulri's son? Rebp?"I laughed,"Yeah right!"

"Why not?"my dad said in all seriousness,"He's a nice boy and he should aspire to be an overseer one day."

"Well for your information dad, someone did ask me so I can't possibly go with Rebp,"I crossed my arms together.

"Who?"He demanded loudly making me jump a little.

"Well um...his name is Liam,"I hesitantly said and dropped my crossed arms.

"Liam?"Andor asked,"Never heard of the guy."

I looked over at him,"Well that's because he just transferred to Mevel."

"Just transferred? He on some type of scholarship? Does he have some type of special ability? Who are his parents?"My father questioned.

"I-I don't know,"I stuttered,"I just met him. I know he isn't well off like us."

"Ah, not of nobility like us," my father contemplated to himself., "I will need to meet this Liam,"my father started,"What's his last name?"

"Jeffers."

"Hm,"he thought to himself. He then walked away probably to get some background check on Liam.

Andor stayed and stared at me.

"What?"I snapped at him.

He shook his head,"Just trying to figure out why someone would ask you out."

I rolled my eyes,"Well surprise brother, I'm growing up."I smacked his head,"When you do you plan the proposal by the way?"

His face became serious,"I was thinking during the Stinguo Ball. I wanted to take her out on the balcony and talk with her then pop the question...What do you think?"