Chapter 13: Nothing More, Nothing Less

Nothing More, Nothing Less:

"Giler was a bit...critical today," I commented as Liam drove me home.

He pulled into my driveway and turned off the ignition, "I know Giler  can be hard to understand and he has rough edges but really all he does is to better you. He only wants to help you," Liam encouraged.

"I know," I pushed back my hair, "I didn't realize how long my mind dealt with the exercise of my power beyond minor things. Honestly," I thought to myself for a moment, "It was eye opening."

"I'm glad," he smiled, "When will you want to do this again?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe in a couple of days. I need to catch up with some school work."

"Of course," he said. He pulled the keys out of the ignition and I took off my seatbelt, "I'll open the door for you," he quickly said taking off his seatbelt.

"Thank you."

He went around the front of the car and opened my door, "You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to," he smiled and grabbed my hand, "You're my girlfriend right?" he leaned in close to my ear, "Besides they're watching."

He backed away and I looked around. I could see some neighbors pretending to do some garden work but their looks strayed to us. I saw some curtains opened and they closed quickly as I began to look at my surroundings."

"Everyone is going to know about us soon enough," I looked back to Liam, "I'm surprised they didn't know earlier."

He laughed, "Well let's play our parts well."

I smiled at him, "Well let's go boyfriend." I led him to my porch.

We stood outside my door and I hugged him, "Thank you for being patient with me."

He hugged me back tight and laughed, "Really, it's no big deal. I'm surprised you haven't freaked out more about everything or stranded us yet."

"It's my curiosity and my gut instinct that's telling me to stay," I smiled letting go of him.

He smiled back at me, "Well I'm glad something is keeping you grounded to our cause," he then looked at my massive white front doors with gold accents," I guess this is goodbye for now."

"I guess so," I stepped backwards, "Goodbye Liam."

"Goodbye Nailah, see you soon," he began to walk off and I turned around to open the door with the palm sensor.

I stepped inside my house and relaxed my body against the cool door. I sighed to myself happily and bit my bottom lip softly.

"Have fun?" Evie startled me as she walked down the stairs.

I stepped away from the door and pushed back my hair, "Yeah it was nice."

She smirked at me, "That's good."

I ran up the stairs, "Got to go do some homework now." I said before she could inquire more.

I threw myself on my bed and telekinetically closed the door. I kicked off my shoes and pulled the covers over me then I drifted happily into sleep with a wonderful dream.

The next morning I woke up the smell of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. I rushed down the stairs and walked into my kitchen to see Damon's arms wrapped around Evie as she cooked.

"Oh sorry," I backed out of the kitchen quickly. That was a bit awkward. I wasn't used to being around Evie and Damon so much because they always were together, even from the very beginning.