17 Chapter 20.

EDITED
Paige's pov-

It's September 1st, and yes Demi is still in the hospital. I'm emotionally worn out. She's still on life support and if she doesn't wake up by the end of November they're taking her off. Last time we took her off life support her heart stopped. And mine did too. Not really though, you know what I mean.

Nick hasn't left the hospital for probably a good month. Joe has been bringing his clothes and stuff, and he would shower in the patient area. Demi should of picked Nick over Wilmer anyways. Today Marissa is bringing me home to study, shower, do laundry, and pack new clothes for this week.

While I'm in the basement doing laundry I hear footsteps and squeaking of shoes running. Turning back to folding my clothes I hear Marissa scream in excitement. I finish my laundry to scurry up the stairs to a jumping and dancing Marissa. Giggling at her childish actions she notices me standing there. She grabs my face and plants kisses all over it.

"EW!" I moan. All Marissa does is look at me wide eyed. I roll my eyes playfully, and pack my bag for the emotional trip to see dying Demi.

As Marissa is driving me back she has a huge smile on her face.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask. She just shakes her head staring at the road, with her huge smile still on her face.

After her parking she grips my wrist and drags me through the hospital. She then raced down the hall which Demi's room is at, and rushes in to her room. I just trudge down the miserable halls where there have been so many deaths. Soon hearing screaming, I speed up the pace.

Arriving in front of Demi's door I hear muffled talking, loud enough for me to hear.

"Hi oh my god!" what sounds like Nick exclaims. Raising my eyebrows I lean my ear against the door to hear more.

"Nick why are you freaking out. Did I cut too deep again and end up in the hospital?" A hoarse voice asks. My eyes growing wide. It's Demi. She's awake.

I peer through the window to see Marissa looking at me and shaking her head no. I take it Demi doesn't want to see me. My eyes brimming with tears I slump down against the door.

"Demi you aren't 17!" Someone shouts.

"Then how old am I?" She cries in response.

"You're 22. You've been in coma for 6 months. You adopted a girl named Paige. You were admitted into rehab 2 years ago. You were let out of rehab 2 years ago. You saved millions of lives. You love your Lovatics. You were just in Europe. You were dating Wilmer. You have a new single out called "Really Don't Care," you're a pop star Demi. A pop star. Just fucking think!" Nick shouts, his voice cracking at the end.

What feels like minutes is 3 hours of silence and sniffling. Yes, in fact I am still outside of the door. After a couple mental break downs, and loud screams of frustration Demi some how thought hard enough and remembered.

"I remember, I was in Europe and got hit by a car. I remember I'm so much stronger now. I know I'm almost 3 years sober too." She exclaims.

"But," her voice says in a low tone. "I don't know who the "Paige" girl is." She says completely oblivious of me outside the door. My heart then shatters. I stop breathing and run.

Apparently I was screaming. Because now I'm being chased by Nick and a dumbfounded Demi is standing in her room door way. I turn the corner of the hall and dart into an empty dark room.

"Paige!" Nick calls out desperately. Muffling my sobs I hide in the corner of the dark room. Allowing my self to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

An: whoops. I'm in a writing mood so I'll probably update again tonight. So ya.