American Idol chapter 16.

EDITED
Paige's pov-

Nick and I have been in this closet for about an hour. There's been so much cursing and screaming going on outside the closet ,and I want to know what's happening, but Nick won't let me out. I've spent this half hour following people on Twitter and Instagram and Snapchatting Yasmin. And finally there's a knock.

"Y'all can come out now." The voice says. It's Sugar. I breathe out a sigh, and help Nick unwedge the chair. Unlocking the door, we walk into the destroyed room.

"Holy shit!" I gasp.

We walk into the cluttered room. "It looks like a tornado hit here," Nick mumbles.

I look up to him, and look around seeing Wilmer, Sugar, and Max. "Where's Demi?" I ask. They all exchange looks and Max pushes Wilmer forward.

"What the hell it's not like she's hurt!" Wilmer groans.

"She's at soundcheck."

I look at the three grown men, "Did you really just freak me out for nothing?" I huff, stomping out of the room. I reach the stage where soundcheck is being held, and I hear Demi's laugh boom through out the room. I smile.

"I love your laugh!" I shout from behind the curtains. Demi looks around, and the audience saw me, and they're giggling away. I'm trying to muffle my giggles, but a couple escape.

"Did you guys say that?" She questions the lovatics. They all shake their heads no, and a little girl points towards the curtains.

"Is someone back here?" Demi asks. The crowd look at each other, and just laugh some more. Demi sets her microphone down, and walks towards the curtain I'm hiding behind.

"Boo!" I yell when she walks past me. Demi jumps back a little, and I'm pretty sure everyone laughs, including me. Demi regains her balance and comes towards me.

"Come here you little monster!" She begins to chase me around the stage, and I run down stairs and hide behind one of the laughing lovatics. They all start laughing, and you can hear their accents when they laugh.

Demi finally caught me, and she let me stay for the rest of soundcheck. I sit on the edge of the stage swinging my feet, and looking down at my phone. Demi's about to sing two songs when my names being called. I look around confused seeing no one calling my name. Then it booms again. I look up to Demi who's smiling broadly at me. Ohhhh. She was calling my name. I cock my eyebrow instead of asking her what she wants.

"You want to sing a song with me?" Demi offers. I shake my head no ,and start to get up when someone hands me a mic. I look at the person. Nick. The crowd starts cheering at the sight of Nick, and I groan and glare at him. He gives me a cheeky smile, and runs back stage.

I ended up singing "Believe in Me," with Demi, and honestly, it was really bad. Like really bad. Everyone thinks I did good, but what I heard didn't sound good.

I walk away with my head bowed in shame. Demi went to go touch up her make up and hair for the concert its self. I'm left alone wandering, again. This probably won't turn out good, but I'll be ok. I mean when am I not ok?

After walking for a bit I run into Maddie, and she wants to go mess around. Since I'm bored out of my mind I agree and run along with her. We reach the stage and she stands on it look around seeing what we can mess up.

"I don't think we should mess with the stage," I state. She shakes her head and runs to the back leaving me alone.

When Maddie comes back she turns the fog machine on and throws stuff all over the floor. I pick up one of the things she threw on the ground and it's tortilla chips. I look back to Maddie and burst out laughing. This is actually a really lame joke, but it will still piss Demi off.

The concert begins, and through the microphones you can hear tortilla chips being cracked. Maddie and I snicker at our little trick only for Dallas to yell at us.

"Guys why would you do that all you hear is chips crunching!" Dallas hisses. I point to Maddie as in in blaming her, and then run into Demi's dressing room. It has good wifi in there anyways.

Our trip to Brazil is finally over. We did get an earful from Demi, and we actually did go to school. Anne and Ali have a restraining order so they aren't allowed near us within 500 feet, and if they come closer they will be arrested.

Demi sat by me on airplane, so I would feel safe this time. She did take time out of her tour to go hang out with Maddie and Dallas. I stayed at the hotel room by myself. And maybe I relapsed maybe I didn't.

I held Demi's hand the plane ride. I was truly terrified. When the plane lands I get off first because I don't want to be on there anymore.

"Show? Next week? Really Phil? Ugh fine I'll do it." Demi mutters into her phone. I drag my suitcase staring at her texting the whole way out of the airport.

"Demi, can we talk when we go home?" I ask her while we're in her car heading home.

"Sure babygirl," she exclaims. I don't know why she seems excited, she's probably going to cry after this talk.

We reach home, and we both walk inside with our bags. I bring my bag upstairs and hide my blade right away. But maybe I should throw it out. How about I'll keep it for my worst moments? Sounds good to me!

I wait for Demi in the living area. When she climbs down the stairs she notices that this is serious. She plops on the couch next to me. Nodding her head indicating for me to continue.

"Demi I'm not getting better. I can't keep my food down, and it's a struggle to stay clean for at least a day. No ones bullying me? but the voices, they're practically ripping my brain apart right now. It hurts so bad, but I don't want to go to rehab. Help me please," I cry out letting my tears overtake me.

Demi's pov-

My poor babygirl oh my god. I get up from the couch I'm on and take Paige and cradle her in my arms. I begin to hum her favorite song of mine, "Fix a Heart"

After Paige has calm down I drag her to the kitchen. "Mashed potatoes and meatloaf are for dinner as long as I don't mess it up," I say giving her a weak smile. She mumbles a quiet okay and does something on her phone.

I finish dinner without cooking it the wrong way, and make myself and Paige a plate. She looks at it and eats slowly but continues to eat. I finish my food first, and Paige is half way there. I give her a smile and clean my dish.

"I can't eat anymore," she says. She's eaten most of her plate. I guess she isn't use to eating this much of food.

"Ok you're good but you have to stay with me for a little while ok?" I say. She nods and grabs her phone.

It's been about a week now and Paige is one week clean and I'm pretty sure she hasn't purged at all. I know she's gained about 2 pounds and that makes me happy.

We're on our way to the American Idol set since I'm performing with their girl finalists today. I haven't really performed on a live show since X-Factor, and that's when my performance was shit, so hopefully today will turn out good.

Ryan Seacrest offered to keep an eye on Paige when I perform, and I said he could. Paige seems uncomfortable, but I can't put my finger on it since it's my time to perform.

I go on stage and begin to sing "Really Don't Care," then, the contestants start, and in all honestly they suck but I won't say anything because it's none of my business. I end it with my other single "Neon Lights," and walk off the stage.

Paige and I hang out back stage for a little because she wants to know if there's any cute guys.

After all the performances Paige and I pack up our stuff, and begin to leave only for the power to go out. I groan internally, and stand there trying to find Paige's hand so I can grab it. There's no hand though. I pull out my phone flashlight and suddenly Paige isn't next to me before.

"Demi!" is being cried out through out the stadium, and it's Paige's voice. Someone has her.

----------------------------------------------

An: cliff hanger until tomorrow because it took me forever to write this chapter. So enjoy!