Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shade's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For years I have been watching Kiba and Shadow when they would play together. I learned that Kiba would be the next moon spirit Tsukiakari, and that she would need to be protected, despite her not being a member of a tribe like Shadow or me. I still remember the day when our leader came back with his injuries. But I saw through the disguise that was there. It was Zalgo, not Dark under that fur. I have just been pretending that it was the real Dark who had come back on that fateful day. On the day that he came back, I swore to the real Dark that I would protect the young members of his family. Cinder and Shadow, but it was the oldest that I wouldn't protect. For I am the oldest of the two. I am their oldest brother, Shade: the next one to be leader of the tribe.

For years I have been following the rules and guidelines of Zalgo, just to avoid his knowing of what I knew about that day. I also kept this from Shadow and Cinder. Shadow was turning eighteen in a few days, and Cinder was fourteen now. I know that she's older, but she still wouldn't understand. Each day and night, I would train myself and a select group of members for a blood hurdling battle; the one between Zalgo and Tsukiakari. It would be the battle to determine who would win, light or darkness. I trained the group in battle to use their new talents to fight against the ones who followed darkness.

The battle between light and dark would be soon, on the night before Kiba turns eighteen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

???'s P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The battle of light and dark will start in a few months. I will need to make myself visible to Kiba, and her alone an give her the weapon she will need to win her fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SO SORRY THAT THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN SO SHORT.

I will make the next chapters longer I promise.