Chapter 13

Offenderman: Hey guys, Offenderman here. I hacked Kiba's computer to add this in before she posted this part if the story. I'm going to let you guys know that she was a little uncomfortable writing about what changes happens to girls once they hit puberty but I will let you all know right now that in the story she is now a teenager so you can piece everything together there.

*door opens*

Kiba: Offenderman what are you doing on my computer?!

Offenderman: got it go everyone!! *rushes out of the room with big grin on his face*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiba's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lake. Quiet, calm, and the meeting place of me and Shadow for years. But he hasn't come back to see me in six years. I still remember what happened.

~6 years ago~

I was looking out my window in the moonlight. The forest floor and all of the trees glowed silver in its calming light. Sighing, and turning back to my bed, I wondered why I didn't see Shadow all day. He's always there by the lake ready to talk, draw, swim, or play. But he wasn't there at all. I rolled over on my side, trying not to think about it. An hour went by and I was still concerned for Shadow and wondering if he was alright. Rolling over where I was facing the moonlight that was shinning into my room. I found comfort and closed my eyes falling asleep.

In my dream, I was by the lake again, bright white, comforting moonlight shown all around me. "You are worried about your friend Kiba?" A woman asked, then chuckled. It was Tsukiakari! I smiled and sat down next to her on the rocks. "Well, he didn't meet me yesterday here at the lake." I said looking up at the stars. She laughed. "He was not here because someone in his family was next to gain her ears and tail." Tsukiakari said looking at the stars as well. All of the stars shown in a beautiful pattern of random dots in the dark blue sky. I smiled and snuggled closer to Tsukiakari, and she rubbed my head gently. Her touch was warming and motherly, I felt safe and calm around her and in the light that shown down on us from the moon itself and the stars.

We stayed like that for a while, her softly rubbing my head and brushing my hair, and us looking up at the stars. I honestly hoped that the moment wouldn't end because of how much of a mother she was to me. Tsukiakari smiled and lightly kissed my head as I grew tired. "Kiba, do you remember when we first met? When I saved you from the wolf with the red eyes?" She asked me. I looked up to her and nodded. "Well, that wolf is one of many who will want to harm you, once you learn about what you can do." Her voice sounded stern, and sounded like a mother lecturing her child if they did something wrong.

As I listened to her words, I sat up. "Is there anyone who doesn't want to harm me?" I asked looking at her. "There are three." She said standing up. "A wolf of ash fur, a wolf of darkened fur, and a wolf of black fur, joined by blood, will protect the one who guards them." Her voice sounded that of a thousand people, and her eyes where glowing white as she looked up to the sky. I looked up to the sky as well and wondered what she meant by her words. I looked back where she was and she disappeared. I looked around, then back at the moon. Letting it's light envelop me like a soft warm blanket.

I opened my eyes and saw I was back in my bed, in my room. I rubbed my eyes, yawned and sat up. The words that Tsukiakari told me in my dream echoed in my mind, I wondered what she meant, and who she was talking about. Rolling out of bed, I didn't even bother to change into my clothes. I wanted to stay in my pjs. I opened the door, and looked in the hallways. No one. "Hmm... Wonder where everyone is?" I said out loud. After I said that, I felt a tendril wrap around my waist, and me being lifted up and held upside down. I laughed when I saw it was Uncle Splendy. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked me with amusement in his voice as I wiggled in his grip. I laughed. "I wanted to." I laughed and wiggled some more to try and get out of his grip. He laughed too and turned me right side up, hugging me as he did so. I hugged him back giggling.