Chapter 14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiba's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost couldn't believe that he was finally here with me, hugging me, after all these years. I wagged my tail happily, as I saw he was wagging his as well. We pulled apart to look at our selves. I had grown into a 5ft 6in tall young woman, and had grown into my curves on my hips and my chest. Shadow had grown as well. He was about 6ft tall, and had grown in his muscles in his arms, legs, and torso. His hands where on my shoulders, and mine where lightly on his chest. "Kiba I'm so sorry for leaving you. I didn't know what else I had to do to keep you safe." He said almost rushing his words. I was going to say how happy I was about him apologizing to me, and him being with me, but I felt a pain in my heart. A pain that felt as if I was betrayed by someone who had kept a promise, or a secret. I back away a bit, trying to hide my eyes from him.

"Kiba.. What's wrong?" He asked. I fought to control myself not to cry. "Shadow, I don't know how I can forgive you..." I said feeling upset that I wanted to cry, but I never did. Looking up, I saw his face. He looked hurt as I did when I said that. A feeling of anger swept over me, the fur on my tail fluffed and my ears folded back. "Why the hell did you leave me?!" I yelled at him. Shadow stepped back and looked angry himself now. "I had to. My tribe would have been looking for you!" He yelled back. Why would his tribe be looking for me? "Shadow what are you talking about?" I asked still angry. "The reason I left you was because they would have killed you."

I couldn't believe my ears - his tribe would have killed me.

"Kiba, the reason why I was gone was so I could lead them all off your trail!"

"You could have told me before you left me for six years!"

"I couldn't because you would have looked for me and put yourself in danger!"

"My dad would have helped!"

We continued to argue like this for hours. It was getting late yet I didn't even notice. "Why wasn't I suppose to be Tsukiakari?! It seems she wants me to become her when I'm ready!" I yelled with complete animalistic rage and anger. "My father said it was my sister who was suppose to get her powers!! You weren't!" He yelled back with the same tone I had. As we continued to fight and argue, the clouds became darker and darker. The temperature dropped, and I heard a rumbling sound, one I didn't like. "Kiba? Are you--"

BOOM!!!!!

I screamed and ran away as the rain came down again. Why was I afraid of the thunder and lightning? It could never harm me. But something about it made me as scared as I could be. I heard Shadow right behind me calling my name, but I didn't listen, I just kept running. Finding the cave I hid in when I was seven, I ran inside and sat in the corner. I cried and cried as the storm roared and the thunder boomed, then I heard a noise at the front of the cave. "Kiba...?" It was Shadow. I whimpered and kept my hands on my head, trying to block out the sound of the thunder. Another crack of thunder, and another boom following after it. Tears where running down my face like a waterfall and I was scared to death.

Shadow sat down next to me and wrapped his tail around my shoulder to keep it warm, and he pulled me close to him. I was so stunned that he did this, that I didn't scream when the next bolt came down, I just flinched and moved closer to him. We stayed like that for hours, and it was the middle of the night. I jumped slightly at the next shot of thunder and Shadow put his other hand around me, holding me closer. We looked at each other for a second, not knowing what told us this, but our faces moved closer together, until we where only centimeters from one another. I knew what came next, and it did. Our lips touched and we kissed one another as the rain continued to pour down. We didn't pay any attention to what was going on around us, all we focused on, was our first kiss.