*Capitolo Cinquentasette

...
***
XYDEX
UNDERWATER FACILITY OF FUIRMA

"Any news with Arrow?"

"It's been taken care of." Sagot ni Gretta na nanatiling nakatalikod at nakatingin lang sa mga naglalanguyang mga isda na nasa harapan nito.

Tumango lang ako at dumiretso sa isang couch at umupo duon.

"Thankfully Arrow's got something of Kachino's new experiment." Sabi ni Gretta.

New experiment?

"What can it do?" Ako

"It removes the victim's 24 hours memories."

"Well, that's impressive. But that needs careful threading of details."

"It is. That's why I'm still keeping an eye with Orion."

"Hmm, I think that's not necessary."

Napalingon ito sa'kin, "He just go against a Vulture." Paalala nito.

"Yes, indeed but Arrow...he learned from Kachino." kaswal na sagot ko.

Natahimik si Gretta and didn't say anything. Well, she cannot deny it because what I've said is true.

I have no doubt na maiisahan ni Arrow si Orion. There's a real reason why he was called 'The Negotiator'. That little punk can perfectly deceive and manipulate anyone. Even I, is very cautious in dealing with him maging sa kambal nitong si Zero. Afterall, si Kachino ang humulma sa mga ito.

"Anyways, now that we have everything what we need. We'll proceed to phase two of the plan." Ako, changing the topic.

Nagpakawala muna ito ng isang malalim an buntong-hininga bago tumango ito, "Then I'll start the preparation. Have you talked to the Rutlers?"

"Yeah, they agree with the deal." Sagot ko and she seem to be relieved about the news.

"I'll let Zero handle it once he's done with his task." Dagdag ko pa.

"Very well." Sang-ayon naman nito, "Have you tra-" Hindi na natapos ni Gretta ang sasabihin bagkus tila nanigas ito sa kinaroroonan nito.

Unti-onti namang kumunot ang noo ko.

"Something's wrong." She tightly said and her hand immediately went to her other arm.

Mabilis na naging alerto ako. "What do you mean?" I asked her and immediately catch her nang tila gumewang ito.

"K-Kachino" she said and I saw fear flicker in her eyes and before I can asked her for more, her face significantly paled.

Mabilis kong nilislis ang manggas nito and silently cursed when I saw the the first seal starting to emerge.

"It's -" but then she clamp shut her mouth and her face contorted like she was trying hard to suppress something.

"Argh!" Ilang pang saglit ay sigaw nito, then she was writhing in pain. Her veins started to bulge and glowed red.

Lalong nag-igting ang mga panga ko ng halos kumalat na ito sa buong katawan at sa buong mukha nito.

Medyo hinigpitan ko na rin ang hawak ko dito when she started thrashing around. No doubt, she's experiencing hell itself.

"Gretta, release it." Mariin kong utos dito as I pinned her down. I cannot afford to lose her right now. I need her during the war.

"I-I can't." she manage to croaked between her pain.

"You can - Dammit!" I cursed out loud when I saw the first seal is now fully emerge. It was pulsing rapidly and starting to break.

Muli akong napamura. If she failed to release the seal, she will be ripped into pieces as it break away.