Thirteen

"HOW LONG ARE WE PLANNING ON STARING AT THE WALL?"

Everyone turned to look at Sierra, whose arms crossed over her chest with her leg bouncing from the chills that ran down her body. Noticing their stares, she continued with a mere shrug, "I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"She does have a point," Kira agreed as she hugged her jacket closer to her body. "How do we get in through here?"

"This is exactly like the lock from outside," Stiles observed, running his hands over the grate in the wall. "It only opens with claws. Anyone's claws, right?"

Kira and Malia weren't paying close enough to Scott to notice him discretely shake his head in disagreement. Yet the second Scott moved Sierra's eyes drifted over. Her brows furrowed as Scott and Stiles exchanged knowing glances, making her wonder what was running in their heads.

Then, in sync, both boys shifted to face Malia. "Can you try opening it?" Scott asked her.

"Why me?"

Scott held up his hands, showing her he couldn't sprout his claws. "I don't have control."

"Okay, I'll do it," Malia shrugged, not seeing it as a big deal. However, the conversation she had with Sierra and Kira rang through her mind and she added, "But first tell me what you've been hiding from me."

"I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it

"I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it."

Scott and Stiles clearly were caught off guard, simultaneously widening their eyes as Sierra felt their anxiety increase. Due to the weird behavior, Sierra became interested in the situation and tilted her head, studying them.

Malia didn't like the silence. "I know I'm on the list!" she burst, Stiles quickly masking his confusion by nodding his head.

"Yep," he confirmed. "That's uh, what we didn't want you to find out."

But Sierra caught his heart jump.

"So how much?" Malia questioned, naturally curious.

"How much what?"

Malia clarified, "How much am I worth?"

"I'm intrigued as well," Sierra commented, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend, who gulped. "I never ended up seeing your name on the dead pool, Mal."

"She's worth four million," Scott answered under his breath, letting out a sigh.

Malia stayed quiet for a moment, more than likely processing the news that she ranked higher than most.

Concerned, Sierra asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Malia looked back up at Sierra and offered her a small smile. "I mean, you're worth thirty, Scott's twenty-five and Kira is six. People are going to go after Scott and Kira way before me."