Three

RAIN POURED DOWN on Beacon Hills, soaking the teenagers as soon as they stepped out of the jeep.

Sierra attempted to cover her head with her jacket, eventually just giving up so she could focus on helping Scott and Stiles carry Derek inside the animal clinic.

The veterinarian cleared a spot for Derek on one of the medical tables, Scott laying him down gently. Actually seeing Derek's face shook Deaton, since he hadn't truly believed Scott on the phone. "Wow."

Alarmed, Stiles raised his eyebrows. "Wow? Wow what? Wow, like I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow?

 "Wow? Wow what? Wow, like I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow?

"'Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for."

Glancing back at Derek, unsure, Deaton stated, "I think you may be overestimating my abilities."

"Sierra?" A familiar voice called from the lobby, making their heads turn. "Are you in here?"

"Back here, Jemma!" Sierra raised her voice so her sister could hear. Within seconds, Jemma's face appeared in the doorway, flooding with relief.

"Thank God," she exclaimed, quickly joining her side. "You found him? You found Derek?"

Scott, who had his gaze locked on the observation table, replied, "Uh, sort of."

Not understanding, Jemma's forehead crinkled and she began to move towards Deaton. "What do you mean by-" She cut herself off, astonished by the sight before her. Her widened eyes analyzed every aspect of Derek's face, recognition flickering through her. "How...How is this possible?" She glanced up at Deaton, wanting answers.

"I'm not entirely sure," Deaton replied, just as baffled.

Jemma softened her gaze the longer she stared at Derek, drifting down to where his hand was laying motionless by his side. Being gentle, Jemma lightly pressed her fingers to his skin. "He's cold," she observed. "Really cold."

Deaton stepped up to her side, picking up his hand to feel for his pulse. "Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked him, though once again Deaton didn't have the answers they craved.

Using a pen light, Deaton lifted up Derek's eyelids to see if his pupils were dialated. As he worked, he spoke, "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton met their questioning gazes. "This is well beyond any of my experience."

Sierra asked, standing beside Stiles, "So what are we supposed to do?"

"Until he wakes up, I'm afraid not much," Deaton replied honestly. "Though it might be best to leave him with me for the night. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles brought up the werejaguar.

"If she's alive and is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Jemma informed him, scowling at the thought of the former hunter.