Two

"YOU'RE JUST LETTING US GO?"

Sierra could not hide the surprise in her voice as she followed Araya through a door, Scott trailing behind her as he shrugged back on his jacket. The sunlight made her squint, the rays hitting the beautiful buildings of the city.

"I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen," Araya started, turning on her heel to face the teenagers once more. "None of them came back." Her eyes glanced over them. "Let's see if you can do better."

"Why didn't you just tell us she was alive?" Scott questioned from beside Sierra. "Instead of making us go through all of...that."

"You wouldn't have believed me," Araya replied honestly and then focused on Sierra. "I knew your parents, mija. They were good people, especially your mother. Her gifts were well respected, as are yours and your sister's."

Sierra offered her a small smile, nodding, "Thank you."

"Testing you and Scott showed me what kind of leaders you are and how strong your bond, between a True Alpha and an Empath, can be," Araya explained. "But you children need to remember that you aren't always going to be together."

Her narrowed eyes drifted back to Scott, who fidgeted under her stare. "Your next step, lobito, won't happen with Sierra by your side."

"What next step?"

"When you take the bite of an innocent," Araya stated, her voice hard as stone. "When you make a wolf of your own? When you do that? Then I will cross your border and come knocking at your door. ¿Entiendes lo que te estoy diciendo?"

"Sí, le entendemos," Sierra replied, resting a hand on Scott's arm as he quickly nodded in agreement

Without another word, Araya turned on her heel and walked back inside her large home, leaving Scott and Sierra to face their friends.

They had gathered in front of the jeep, mumbling to each other while they waited, but as they saw the two make their way back over, Stiles stepped forward. His hand reached out towards Sierra as she approached his side, resting it on the curve of her hip once she leaned into him for a side hug.

"So what now?"

Scott let out a deep breath, but answered, "She thinks she knows where we can find Derek."

"Is she going to tell us where?" Malia questioned, standing with her arms crossed between Lydia and Kira.

"Actually, she said she was giving us a guide," Sierra told her with a shrug. Araya didn't say who.

Fortunately, they did not have to wait long. Just down the road, a sleek black motorcycle revved its engine and came to a easy stop right behind the jeep. The teenagers glanced at one another, their curiosity growing at who was underneath the helmet.