Chapter 1

Two moon old Freya trotted beside her mother. Looking  at the scenery around her. Then she turned to Mist. "Mamma, where are we going?" She asked for the tenth time. Mist just smiled at her daughter, "you'll see soon enough." She said and continued walking along the path.
Birds chirped in the green trees. The grass swayed in the wind. It was a beautiful day. Despite all  of the clouds, but clouds where a normal part of life on Cloud Hill. 

The two wolves walked for a little while longer on the beautiful path, then they came to a clearing, a clearing filled with winged wolves.

All of the wolves where what it looked like was training.  Sparring with other winged wolves and practicing fighting techniques. One wolf, a very tall,  light grey winged wolf that almost looked as if he was white, was shouting orders to a group of young adolescences. He wore silver armor all over his muscly and scarred body. He is the Beta and the General of The Sky Pack. His name was Hurricane.

"Hurricane!" Mist barked, Hurricane looked over at Mist and trotted over to the two wolves. "Hello Mist, What can I do for you today?" He said, friendlily. Mist smiled at him, "I'm glad you asked, today is the first day of Freya's training, and I was thinking that she could be trained by the best fighter and teacher in the pack." She said, smiling.  She nudged Freya -who was hiding behind her mother shyly-  with her paw to step forward. Hurricane glanced down at Freya, and frowned when he saw the runt. A look of disdain, disappointment and disgust on his mussel. Freya cowered under his gaze and tucked her tail between her legs. She knew that look. Her father gave it to her all of the time.

"I'm sorry, Mist." Hurricane Said, looking back at his alpha female, "But I can't train her." Mist face that was smiling and happy just a minute ago, turned into a face of anger and disappointment. "Why not?" She said, a slight edge to her voice.
"Because Storm ordered me not to." Hurricane answered simply and calmly. 'And because I don't want to train this stupid runt and waist my time.' He added silently in his head.

A growl escaped Mists throat. "Of course Storm would order that!" She said, she stamped her paw on the ground angrily. "He's always trying to make life harder for Freya, and for what? Because she's a runt?! What does that have to do with anything!" Mist growled.
Hurricane stays silent and watched Mist carefully. In case she wanted to lash out at him for some reason.

Mist then abruptly turns around and starts stomping off. "Come on Freya." She said. Freya sighed and trotted after her mother, her ears drooping. Where where they going now? She wanted to train and learn how to do new  things and prove to everyone that she wasn't just a runt... But her father had to ruin things again by forbidding Hurricane to train Freya or have any association with her...

Mist and Freya walked on the path once more. Mist stomping angrily and Freya walking, ears drooping and paws dragging on the ground. She was a disappointment. she was a failure. all she wanted to do was train and fight. but she couldn't! because she was a runt. she was useless...

Freya and Mist emerged into another clearing. much like the last. but this one was much smaller and more secluded. and it didn't have any other wolves in it. Freya looked around at her surroundings curiously. "what are we doing here mommy..?" she asked, confusion on her face. "i thought we where going home..?" 

Mist looked at her daughter and shook her head. "i decided that since Hurricane refused to train you, then i will. we don't need him for you to be great and strong. I will make you great and strong,  without his help." she said confidently. Freya tilted her head at her mothers words, but then, a smile started creeping onto her face. "really?" Freya said, her tail started to wag. "your actually going to train me? so i'm not going to be a failure and disappointment after all?" she said and started bouncing around excitedly. 

Mist chuckled at Freya's reaction. "yes Freya, i'm going to train you myself and make you the strongest Sky Wolf in all of Elementrix. your not going to be a disappointment. and Storm will see that you are not just a runt!" Mist said. Freya jumped up and licked her mothers face. "oh thank you, thank you, thank you mom! i'm so glad i don't have to train with that mean grumpy wolf!"she said. Mist smiled and chuckled a bit. 

"now, when can we start our training. i want to learn right now!" Freya said excitedly. 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Freya and Mist trained hard for the rest of the day. working on basic training like dodging attacks and lunging. only when they heard Storm's howl, telling everyone it was time for dinner, did they realize how late it was. the sky had darkened and it had grown quite a bit colder. Mist stopped and turned to Freya, "we should start heading back now, Freya." Mist said. Freya sighed sadly. "do we have to?" she wined, she didn't want to go back, because if she went back then that meant seeing her father again. and if she saw her father again then that meant pain and abuse. and Freya didn't want that.

a thought then entered Freya's mind, she turned to her mother. "mommy.." Freya said, 

"yes?" Mist asked, 

"because i trained so hard today, does this mean i am strong enough to fight father and scare him away forever..?" Freya asked, her hope rising. Mist smiled sadly at her daughter. "no..not yet at least...strength takes time, and Storm is very strong, he's had a lot of time to develop his strength. and i'm afraid that in order for you to scare him away, you will just have to be patient." 

Freya frowned and sighed. she wanted to scare away her father forever and make sure he never came back again! and she was hoping that after today, she would be able to do that....but apparently, strength takes time to develop..

"we should go back now before Storm gets angry." Mist said. Freya rolled her eyes, "but he's always angry." she said. "true..but i mean even more angry. now let's go." Mist said, and started walking in the direction of the camp, Freya followed after her.

___________________________

hey guys!

sorry it took me so long to update, it would have been published a lot sooner, but then i realized that the story would be way too fast paced, so i had to rewrite this chapter. also, i've been going through some stuff lately so i haven't had much time to write...but, it's here now so no need to worry! i hope you liked it!

don't forget to vote and comment! see you in the next chapter!

______________________word count: 1199