Chapter 13

^^Storm Fan art by Ariel_Goud !^^
Red, hot flames leaped high into the dark, smoke filled sky. Leaves crackled and trees and bark withered away and charred black. Every instinct in his body screamed at him to run, or to fly away, or for him to do something to get away from the intense fire, but he still kept fighting on. His claws raking the flesh of every Earthen and Icen wolf that went in his path...They had to win this war...for his mate..for their pups...for their future...
Besides, the Fire Wolves were on their side now...it was okay...he didn't have to be afraid of the fire.....it couldn't hurt him.....right?
The dark stone grey wolf swallowed hard, his throat burned from the heat.. He really hoped not..

He leaped onto yet another Earth Wolf and dragged it away from one of his comrades and ripped out her throat. Blood smeared on the grass and splattered on his paws, but the Fire Wolf that the Earth Wolf was attacking nodded his thanks. He nodded back and then continued racing through the fighting wolves, slashing at an enemy every few minutes.
It seemed that the flames were only getting bigger and the heat more intense with every passing minute.
He had just realized that the Ice Wolves were doing their best to douse the flames with their ice, but that wasn't working too well. Ice was only the solid form of water, and it didn't do a lot to the burning flames. The Water Wolves also refused to join in the war, even though both sides practically begged Aqua, she refused, saying that her and her pack will not partake in any violence. So the enemy was at a disadvantage against fire at the moment, which was good.
He smirked at how pathetic they looked, so hopeless and weak against the huge fire...at least they weren't going to stop that fire anytime soon...and, with luck, the fire may even spread throughout Evergreen Forest, maybe even to the Earth Wolves' main camp..then the Sky Wolves would hardly have to do anything but watch them burn.

As he battled more Earth and Ice Wolves, the heat of the fire just became more intense, burning down on him and smoldering his fur. He was practically smoking! The once stone grey winged wolf was covered in ashes and soot so his fur looked black. The ground was so hot that his paws were blistering. Blood and sweat streamed off of him...He panted hard, his throat was parched..he so desperately craved water....oh if only the Water Wolves did join the war..they would have been so useful on their side... he shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking about that right now...thinking about water would only make him thirstier...

Smoke stung his eyes, the wind changed direction...what type of idiot would do such a thing?! He thought irritably. This was not helping at all..It was just a huge disadvantage to their own side!
The snapping and crackling of the fire was all he could hear. It was just so loud... he hardly registered the words an Earth Wolf was screaming until he was on him after he ripped out his throat. What did he say again....?
Then it hit him, after he realized the silence and stillness on the battlefield.... Everyone was staring at Storm, the Sky Alpha for orders what to do next....they didn't know what to do anymore..... because Kodiak...was dead.

_________________________

"S-Stop fighting us! Please! We don't want this!! K-Kodiak is dead! Kodiak is dead I tell you! Stop! Kodiak is dead! PLE-" The Earth Wolf's cries were cut off by one of the Winged Wolf soldiers, but by now everyone had heard the message and stopped fighting and all stood to look at him. For a moment, there was only a stunned silence, even the crackling and popping of the fire that seemed so deafening a moment before seemed quieter.

Then howls of victory from the Sky and Fire Wolves rang out, though the Sky Wolves' howls were louder and a lot more joyous than the Fyren Wolves'..then again, the Fire Wolves haven't been in the war that long, and they didn't know the full extent and how many lives were lost during the sickness known as Galbaities.

Did this mean the war was over now that Kodiak was dead? It was so hard to believe that Storm's greatest enemy -once a close friend- had fallen. The Earth Alpha was so powerful too... for him to die...just like that? It didn't really seem right..it didn't make sense...and it just wasn't fair. Storm wanted to see the lifeblood drain from Kodiak's veins. He wanted to see the light fade from Kodiak's dark green eyes. It just wasn't fair that he died without Storm being there!

Anger coursed through the Sky Alpha's veins. The heat of the fire felt even more intense against his hide. His armor was heating up, and it burned at the touch, but that just made him angrier. It wasn't fair! This shouldn't have been the way Kodiak died! He should have died at his paws! But did that happen? No! Because those stupid Ice Wolves got in the way! This was all their fault! If they weren't there to ruin it all, then Kodiak would have died the right way in the last battle! The way it should have been!

But no...Whiteclaw just had to make an alliance with Kodiak! Of course he would...he just wanted an excuse to fight me! Thought Storm bitterly. Well I'll show him! I'll show all of those Icen scum!

"Keep fighting! Attack! Kill every last one of them! There must be no survivors!" Storm roared, breaking his pack and the Fire Wolves out of their little celebration into barks of confusion. "But...Kodiak is dead...?" One Fire Wolf soldier pointed out, confused.
Hurricane stepped forward and snarled, "You heard your Alpha! Attack!" He howled, and started leading the charge as more wolves followed after him, back into battle.
Storm's light purple eyes narrowed, "KILL THEM ALL! EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE SCUM MUST DIE!!!" He howled as the sounds of battle roared in his ears once again. The war was not yet over..in fact, it had only just begun.

____________________
MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAH!!!! CHAPTER 13 IS FINALLY FINISHEDDD!!!! (And just in time too! It's almost 12am!) WOOOO!!

BET YOU GUYS WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT! MUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

YEPPPPP!!

So yeah, this chapter was a bit shorter than most chapters, but the next chapter will be a whole lot longer! *Whispers* just wait until you see the stuff i have planned for next time heheheheh-

Anywayyy- thanks for reading everyone! Don't forget to vote and comment! See you in the next chapter!!

*whispers* hey..you still  there? Go check out the Wolves of the Elements Discord Server! Where you can stay tuned and get all of the latest updates and chapter update progress and more!
Link in the comments here! > > >

Wolves out!