Chapter 17

The plan was simple.

Tomorrow at noon, a peace treaty between the Sky and Fire packs and the Earth and Ice packs was scheduled, the wolves in standing for the new Alpha's for the Earthen and Icen packs were the esteemed representatives of their Alphas- very high ranking wolves since the new Alphas themselves were too young and inexperienced to attend.

The meeting was to take place in a no-wolves land between the Earth Pack Territory and Sky Pack Territory borders near Skeleton Forest, which was a dry, dead ghost forest that was known for its superstitions typically between the Earth Wolves.

However, there wasn't actually going to be a peace treaty...It was going to be a massacre.

Storm obviously didn't want the war to end- not until he had the ultimate power. Kodiak and Whiteclaw might have been dead and the Alpha of the Sky currently had the upper paw, but he still blamed the Earth and Ice wolves for Mist's death. He wasn't going to stop until every last Earth and Ice Wolf was dead.

The plan was to take action after everyone arrived, the Skylek and Fyren soldiers would be hiding in the surrounding shrubs and would block the way back towards Earth Pack Territory as they would start to chase them towards Skeleton Forest, and once they were far enough in, into a certain clearing that some Sky Wolves mapped out, Ash would ignite the surrounding trees on fire, trapping the representatives in the ring of fire and burn to their deaths.

Yeah... Simple.. At least- that's what Ash kept telling himself. He didn't like the idea of slaughtering innocent wolves.. But that was war... and he couldn't get out of it. He sighed and curled up on his deerskin pelt, he had better get some rest for tomorrow because it was going to be a long day.

______________________________________________________

It was nearly noon, everyone was in position, now all that was left was to wait for the representatives to arrive. Ash looked up at the cloudless blue sky, he had spent moons on Cloud Hill with nary a ray of sunlight to shine down from above. He felt he had nearly forgotten what it was like to have the warm sun shine down on his fur. He looked over at Storm, who was enjoying a marmot across from him and wondered how some Sky Wolves could go their whole lives without seeing the true light of day. It was a mystery to him. Back in the Barren Desert in Fyren Territory, the sun shone with rarely a cloud in sight every single day. A pang of homesickness hit him. He missed the desert.. He missed basking in the hot sun. He missed the sand between his paws... He even missed the Giant Kangalizard- a huge omnivorous pest that looked to be half kangaroo and half lizard and tended to try and attack the Fyren Camp.

He just wished everything could go back to the way it was. Before this bloody war and the sickness known as Galbaities tormented the Skylek Pack and started this mess.. However, that was not to be the case. Nothing was ever going to be the same again.. And there was no hope of it going to be the same.. Especially after today.

Ash's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the creaking of wooden boards and the jingling of jewelry over the sound of the river's roar. He and Storm looked up to see the Icen and Earthen representatives crossing the wooden bridge that joined the Earthen Pack border to the Skylek Pack. The two Alpha's stood to greet them as they stepped off onto their side of the territory. "Good afternoon." said the Fire Alpha politely, dipping his head slightly. The representatives bowed their heads in return. "Good afternoon to you too." said a female Earth Wolf with a smile. Ash studied her, she was a beautiful and young she-wolf and had dark green fur with light green markings that swirled into each other. She had long rounded ears and a longer, fluffy elegant tail. She had gray eyes that seemed to shine with intelligence. She wore a lot of golden jewelry as well. All four paws had fine golden bangles around them, she also had one on her tail. She also had four golden earrings and a necklace with the Earthen Pack's symbol engraved in it- the evergreen tree.