Chapter 12

It was midafternoon, and eight moon old Freya was practicing her diving moves alone in a clearing.

Torrent was with her brother, Tornado today, so she didn't want to play with Freya. Tornado was a part of the army, so Torrent rarely saw her brother. She wanted to spend every moment he was still with her with him.

But Freya was fine with it, she didn't mind at all. She may not be close with her brothers, but she could imagine what it must be like to not see someone you love for a long time, and not knowing if they will come back safely- or not at all- the next time....

So Freya took this time to get better at her diving skills. She could now fly greatly, she just had a bit of trouble with the landings... but she could now glide, jump, take off, soar, and fly for short periods of time, and now she was learning how to dive. She even knew a bit more than Torrent did! Her friend had taught her well!

Freya flapped higher in the air and got ready to dive, slowly turning her body in an ark. She then folded her wings and started free-falling. The rush of air hit her face and ruffled her fur as she fell faster and closer to the ground.

The ground below her got closer and closer to her. Any second now, she would spread her wings again..... Three... Two and...O- suddenly she heard her name from below, and she faltered. The ground was growing too big and too close much too fast, her eyes widening, she spread her wings just before she hit the ground.

She crashed in the undergrowth, and tumbled and rolled over sharp branches and rocks. Pain stabbed her side and she felt a small trickle of blood leak from the wound, but she still kept tumbling. After what seemed like forever, she rolled to a halt, right at Torrent's paws.

Growling, she stood up and shook herself off. She was covered in dirt and scratches. "Why would you do that! Didn't you see I was diving? Couldn't you have waited till after i was done?! I could have gotten seriously hurt because of you!" she growled.

Torrent rolled her eyes, "Chillax, Freya. Usually I'm the one in a bad mood." she said, "but seriously, you have to see something-"

"Chillax? You're telling me to chillax? I almost died just now!" Freya snarled.

"Oh please, overreaction much. You didn't 'almost die'." Torrent said, rolling her eyes again. "Anyway, i have something to show you Freya, it's really cool and-"

"I'm not seeing it without an apology." Freya said.

Torrent huffed, "seriously? Oh alright.. Fine, i'm sorry." the dark grey wolf-pup said.

"That will have to do...so what was it you wanted to show me?" Freya said once she realized that she probably wasn't going to get any better apology then that from Torrent.

Torrent's eyes lit up, "oh yeah! I saw a whole bunch of Fire Wolves coming into the camp! I rushed right over here to tell you! Tornado says that Alpha Storm called an alliance with them to fight against the Earth and Ice Wolves!" she explained excitedly.

Freya was confused, "Fire wolves..? Here..?" she said, she had never seen a real Fire Wolf before..

"Yeah! Come on, let's go check it out!" Torrent said excitedly.

Freya smirked, "okay. I'll race ya!" she said and took off into the sky.

"Hey! That's not fair! I can't lift off yet without a head start! And you started before me!" the grey eyed she-pup protested, but Freya was already gone. Sighing, she lifted off after her.

Freya crashed on a grassy hill, just outside of the Sky Pack Camp. she got up, panting hard. She won the race! Now she could just make herself comfortable in the grass and wait for her friend to catch up.