Chapter 14

Freya giggled, "you can't catch me Blaze!" she said while running away from the Fire Wolf pup.
Blaze smiled, "Oh yes I can!" he shouted and shot after her. It had been four days since the last battle between the Fire and Sky Wolves versus the Ice and Earth Wolves, and the news of Kodiak's death spread like wildfire. Many of the wolves of Cloud Hill were glad that the Earth Alpha was dead, and there was much rejoicing, but the war wasn't over yet.

Freya was quite sad when she heard about The Earth Alpha's passing, he seemed so nice when she first saw him..trying to help the sick Sky Wolves get better...unlike most of the other wolves of Cloud Hill, she did not believe that Kodiak meant harm to the Sky Pack...
And the war wasn't even over yet.. Apparently it had only 'just begun' as her father put it in the last announcement he made to the pack. Storm still wanted to kill the Ice Wolves, and to wipe out the entire Earth Wolf species... Unbelievably, most of the wolves agreed with his plan, even saying that it was a good thing, and that it would teach the other packs not to mess with the Sky and Fire Packs....

Oh how glad she was to have Blaze as her friend, someone who was like minded and who didn't believe that any of this was necessary....

Blaze tackled Freya and the two of them went tumbling in the grass. Finally they rolled to a stop. Blaze landed on top and smiled triumphantly, "Pinned ya!" he said. He lifted one of his paws and lightly touched her nose, "You're it!" he shouted before jumping off and sprinting away, laughing as he ran.

Freya stood up, "Hey!" She laughed and started to chase after him, but then she spotted Torrent standing in the grass, eyeing Freya with a look of envy.

Freya slowed to a stop, "hey Torrent, wanna play with us?" she asked.

Torrent looked at her with disgust. "No thanks. I don't want to play puppy games."

The purple eyed pup looked at her, confused. "...but...you're a pup too.."

"Not anymore." she retorted.

"You were playing chase with us a few days ago...what's with the sudden change?" Freya asked.

Torrent rolled her eyes, "that was a few days ago, I've really grown since then." 

Just then, Blaze skidded to a stop beside them, "what's going on? Why'd we stop?" he asked. "Everything alright?"

Freya looked at him, "Torrent thinks Chase is a pups game and that we're acting like pups.." she said.

Blaze looked at her, tilting his head in confusion. "..but....we are pups....so are you, Torrent...we're the same age." 

"Yeah...just last week we were all playing Chase...what's with the sudden change?" asked Freya.

Torrent stood up and looked away from them, "I...Have to go." she growled and walked off, leaving Blaze and Freya utterly confused.

"What just happened?" Blaze asked Freya.

"I....Don't know...." she answered him, still looking in the direction of the spot where Torrent disappeared. "But.....let's go get some food. It's getting late and I'm starving. Torrent will come to her senses soon enough." 

Blaze nodded, "You're probably right. Let's go." 

"I'll race you!" the purple eyed heir challenged. "Ready..set, go!" Then she was off.

Blaze's eyes widened, "hey, i wasn't ready!!" he yelled and chased after her.

_________________________

The next day, the two pups were romping around in the meadows again, it was nearing noon, and the grey sky was bright and breezy. "Uhhh...I have to go now Freya...Bye! I'll see you later okay?" Blaze said, stopping.