Chapter 10

Amina (pov)

(Knock knock) ignore.. (knock knock) ignore.. (louder knocking) ignor-, wait what! I'm in the middle of the woods, who could be knocking at my door at this hour.. I got up, quietly.. got to the front door,  place my ear on the door,  to see or hear if I could detect who the heck woke me up from my beauty sleep. I don't know why, maybe I'm the only person in the world that do stuff like this. It's like those scary movie, when you hear a knock on the door,  and you know it's the killer,  but you open the door anyways. Well that's me. I should be heading out the window, opposite direction... but here I am ear on a door, ready to open.

I was about to ask who is it, but they knock on my door again, while my ear is still on the door,  which scared the shit outta me, so I screamed. Just like in the movies. But I kinda know who the killer is, because there's only one person, that have that intoxicating smell..

Kingston.

I open the door half way pop my head out "to what do i owe the pleasure of having the alpha himself here" I ask sarcastically. "I just wanted to stop by, cause I was around the area. you know on a run" he said. He's got to be kidding me.. he wakes me up this early, just to 'stop by' cause he's in the area? "Okay, thanks for stopping by" then I slammed the door in his face, earning me a furious growl from Kingston. You shouldn't make mate mad Amina. He came to check on us. Lynn said.  Well he deserves it. He hurt us, well you really. I respond. No you were right the first time 'us' but, still you know he's our mate, and he has helped us alot. She said. I hate it when she's right.

But he was gone, and I went back to sleep.

Couple hours later.. I was up,  probably about noon. Went to the bathroom, showered brush my teeth, comb my hair. Then headed  to the kitchen, this cottage was waaaay better from our last one. It actually has plumbing & electricity. I wonder why Kingston has a cottage with running water and electricity, right outside his border. Guess I'll never find out.

"Hey, hey, heeey", Cassie screamed while bursting through my front door. Damn it, I forgot to lock it after Kingston left. "Hey. To early for this" I said still tired. "I stole instant coffee, and brought you lunch, or should I say brunch". Cassie said excitedly. I love her! "Coffee and brunch, what did I do to deserve such wonderful bestfriend" I said while wiping the fake tear out of my eye.

So we're having coffee after I ate my brunch. "How was your first night alone here" Cassie ask. "It was good" I respond. Not bringing up ther whole Kingston popping up thing.  Cause she'll never shut up. We talked for what seems like forever. When it's your bestfriend, you'll always have something to talk about.

"Hey Cassie, do you remember anything about our parents talking about this pack.. black beast pack" I ask. "WHAT!!!" she yelled..i'm sure Noah will be at my door any minute now,  cause of her loud ass. The whole pack probably heard her. "What is wrong with you, why are you yelling like a crazy person". I said annoyed. I'm really trying to stay discreet. "Are you telling me we're in the black beast pack" she questioned.

"Well yeah, didn't Noah tell you" i asked.  "No! I didn't talk to anyone, after leaving your place, i was cooped up in the room. How do you know?" She ask.. "well yesterday the alpha sent the TIC Ethan to escort me here,  we talked and I ask him" i reply. "Amina you don't remember those stories of an alpha that shift at 12, taking the alpha role at 13, he become the most ruthless, cold hearted alpha. it was said anyone that crosses his territory was tortured to death. That he killed packs because he wanted more land. he didn't even spared the woman and children" she said. "Oh.my.gosh!  I remember now, daddy use to tell me how evil the alpha is, and he would never have an alliance with.. the black beast pack..."

Silence.. nothing was heard. Except for the birds outside in the woods. We were in the most  notorious pack of it all... and my mate was that alpha they speak of.

Alpha Kingston Kai Carter...