Chapter 24

(Pic of Skylar)

Kingston (pov)

It's been almost 2 weeks, since Amina left me. My wolf Kai hasn't spoken to me since she left.  I feel like my world is crumbling down.  I was so sure falling in love with her would make me weak. I was wrong.  Losing her was even worst. It's I'm dying slowing each day. I've sent multiple search parties snd the best tracker we got, still no lead, i'm going fuckin crazy. I got up and started cursing breaking everything. All I could do is drink my pain away.

Amina (pov)

A couple days before

It's been a couple days since i left for my 'vacation', so far I'm free, and happy. Ashlynn and I needed a break. We were in wolf form.  Resting under a tree in the shade. 'Snap' i heard the twigs break.  I shot my head up, and started growling.  Its was 3 or 4 rouges. Shit. I can handle maybe 2 at ther most but  4. 

That's weird. Rouges never travel that much in number let alone together.  As I'm deep in my thoughts one of the rouges lunged for me, i dodge it, but then the second one came right after. Again i dodge it, but i need to start attacking if i want to at least get a head start and run back,  maybe they'll leave me alone once I outrun them. So i started running the opposite direction. I can hear all 4 of them run behind me.

Amina, we gotta stop, my wolf said. What! why lynn? I questioned,  because i can smell another pack territory ahead, like 4 miles. she replied. Fuck. Lynn we gotta at least try and fight them then. I rather go against 4 rouges then a whole pack. I said. Right before Lynn could respond, i was tackled to the side by the bigger rouge. i did not land gracefully that's for sure, we stood up and shook it off. I gave Lynn full control.  She lunged at the small one killing it in an instant. Then there were 3.

They all rushed towards me.  One got ahold of my leg and bit down on it, making me whimper. I turned around and bit him in the face, which led him to let go of my leg. Then the bigger one bit down on my shoulder shaking his head from side to side vigorously. This is it. I'm staring death stright in ther eye, as he clamp down harder on my shoulder,  making me howl in pain. I tried to free myself,  but it wasn't working. I'm losing to much blood, he then bit a chunk of meat off of my shoulder.  Making me howl and whimper in pain. I'm beginning to see black dots. ..i'm slowly losing consciousness, but not before hearing multiple howls.

'Beep beep beep' what is that annoying sound. I opened my eyes to be greeted by a beautiful girl, probably a year or two younger then me, light brown hair and a gorgeous big blue eye. "Am I in heaven?" I question. Sitting up. "No, but you did almost made it there. My brother saved you, your safe now.....", "Amina the name is Amina," i said smiling "oh I like it, it's different. My name is Skylar or sky for short," she stated.

"So you wanna tell me why you were in the woods alone,  getting chased by 3 rouges," she asked with an eyebrow raised up. "It was 4, but I killed one," I corrected her with a grin. "Okay, I was just running in the woods and ther rogue's attacked." I stated. "Why were you running, is everything okay? Why don't you smell like a rogue or a like someone whos in a pack?" Skylar ask. "It's complicated. I need a vacation." I replied truthfully. "Well that's one vacation your gonna remember, you almost died." She said reminding me.

"Hey Skylar,  how long have I been out" asking her while i take a bite of the food she brought in for me. "About 4 days," she respond.  "Whaaaat!" I said choking on my food. "Where's your brother,  I need to thank him before i leave" I said panicking. "He's interrogating the rogue." She replied with one eyebrow raised. "What?" I question.  "You've just woken up, you were badly injured, and now your in a rush to go?" She said. "You don't understand my mate is probably gonna be super pissed at me now." I said. "Mate? You don't even have a mark?" She said with a confused face. "I told you it's complicated" i said shaking my head.

A couple hours went by, I was discharged from ther hospital,  and given a guest bedroom, in their packhouse, Skylar i found out is 17, turning 18 in about 6 months, Turns out, her brother is the alpha here, alpha Christian Cain Hawthorn, and his pack is the blue creek pack,  another big pack. The door open and here comes a guy that looks about 24. He's hot. But not hotter then Kingston. "Why hello brother, it's nice to finally have you here,  how was ther torturing going," Skylar asked her brother playfully.  He shook his head, "shut up Sky," he said jokingly.

"Hello,  my name is Christian, I don't know if you belong to a pack or not but is there anyone we can call to let them know your okay, " he kindly ask. "Yes, I need to call my mate," i stated. "Okay what pack is it," he asked. "The black beast pack", he looked up at me, then looked at Skylar with a worried face. "What?" I questioned. "Well talk about it in the morning,  it's late, we'll also give alpha Carter a call tomorrow as well." He said walking with Skylar to the door. They both said goodnight and i quickly fell asleep.