Prologue

THE LAW OF LOVING YOU

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All rights reserved.
©MadamKlara

SNS accounts:

Twitter:                          madammklara

Instagram:                   zyraclairecabasis

Youtube:                       MadamKlara

Facebook Page:        MadamKlara

*****

Five

"Lyra." I call out my secretary who's busy on the computer at the moment.

"Sir?"

"Let's have lunch." A few minutes of staring at her led me to ask her that. I don't even know why I mumbled those words. You know why, Five. You are trying.

"You mean—ah..." She looks really uneasy. She couldn't even look me in the eyes. "Yo—you want me to grab lunch for you, is that what you mean sir Five?"

"Ah." Damn it. "Yes."

"I'll be back in a few minutes sir." Paalam nito bago umalis. Napahinga ako ng malalim matapos balikan ang ginawa ko.

That was really stupid. You don't like her, Five. There is nothing wrong with not getting a girlfriend yet. Do not be pressured just because everyone tells you to do so. You don't have to prove anything to your mentally-challenged brother.

The following days go normally. I manage to shake off of my head the idea of bringing someone to Tres and Maddy's wedding. Besides, it'll be in two months. Why would it bother me anyway? Why not? Tres can really be the most disgusting creature in this planet. I wish mom and dad just used contraception, you know.

"Loser." Tres walks in the room and begins messing with my books. It's early in the morning and as usual, he's trying to vex me which he normally does when he has nothing to do.

"Get out of here, moron."

"I heard that Four and Amara are going to move in together in a few weeks."

I tsk him. I know where he's going with this. What an idiot. Why does he have to be our brother?

"Gusto mo si Amara diba? Noon palang? I remember years ago, you were—"

"Shut up."

"What?" Tumawa siya, nang-aasar. "You never realized that I know?"

"You know what, the door is open. Get out, jerk."

"Dude." He raises his hands in the air. "Move on. It's been seven years. Tsaka, may anak na si Mara at Four."

"I pity Maddy. I hope she realizes she's marrying a moron."

"I'm telling everyone—"

"Get lost."

"Yeah. I will. I'm telling everyone that you like Mara."

"No one will believe you. Go ahead." I say nonchalantly.

"Why don't you show up on my wedding with a girlfriend so you'll get clear from this thing? Bro, I'm serious. It's obvious that you liked Amara."