Chapter 11: Silence

Enjoy!! :D

=========

Chapter 11: Silence

I twiddled with my fork as I sighed.

"It's been 3 days now." I whispered aloud.

I stood up and threw my lunch away in one of the metal cans and started walking towards my locker. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Tristan leaning against that tree. He was watching me, but not with those confident eyes that I knew all too well. He just stared, almost expressionless.

He looked like he wanted to talk to me or something. But, he did nothing, just stared. I walked around the corner feeling his eyes following my every move. I sighed again and walked into the double doors.

Did I feel sad or mad? I couldn't tell anymore, all I knew was that I hated whatever feeling I was getting. I found my locker and was just about to open it when I noticed Jake coming from behind me. I wanted to just run away from him. He's been ignoring me for the last 3 days and it was killing me.

I quickly opened my locker and started to get my Chemistry book. I swallowed the lump in my throat and said, "Hi, Jake."

He stared at me for a moment then opened his locker. Not a single peep came from his mouth. He just grabbed his Chem book and walked away. I groaned and started to follow him. Was he really giving me the silent treatment? I mean only 5 year-olds do that. I grabbed his arm and said, "You know you could at least say hi to me."

"Let me go Maddie. I don't want to say hi to you." He said twisting around to look at me.

"What's wrong with you? I don't want to fight with you. Why are you making it so hard to be friends again?" I said tightening my grasp.

"I'm not doing anything. Just leave me alone!" he yelled and yanked his arm away from me.

I watched go into the classroom. I sighed and went in right after him. I groaned why did he have to be in all my classes? I saw him take a seat in the back corner. He was looking everywhere except at me.

I took my seat in the center front and waited quietly for the teacher to come. I tried endlessly not to think about either Jake or Tristan. It didn't work though, because the only words I actually heard from the teacher was "Good afternoon class".

When the bell rang I was the first to leave the classroom. I couldn't stand it anymore, I walked up to my locker jammed my book in and slammed it, loudly. I jumped suddenly when I heard someone said, "Someone looks like they're mad."

I recognized that voice and looked behind me. It was Faith and she was smiling at me. I looked at her with my mouth gaped open.

"What are you doing here!?" I practically yelled.

"Nothing much, just checking out my new school." She winked at me.

"New School? Wait a sec, did you transfer?" I asked lowering my voice a little.

"I sure did." She smiled again.

"Why?" I asked baffled.

"I transferred because...I wanted too?" She said in an almost questioning way.

I laughed and said, "Okay, you can use that as cover up for now. But, anyways when do you start school?"

"On Monday." She replied and looked around her. 'Uh-oh lil bro alert."

I followed her gaze and found Tristan coming up angrily.

"What are you doing here?" He asked annoyed and then glanced down at me.