Book 2 || Chapter 9

"wait you think I betrayed you?" I laugh awkwardly.

He rolled his eyes not buying my act for a second, "knock it off. I know you're not fully devoted to the Volturi"

I gasp loudly, "how dare you make such accusations!" At this point i was just trying to play it off as a joke in hopes that he doesn't kill me.

"Stop. I've known for a while now, you don't have that strong of a shield so I could see into your thoughts pretty easily"

Damn it.

Two guards walk in and stand in front of Aro, "is it time?" One of the guards asks him.

He looks off into the distance and mutters a no. Time for what? "Take her, and inform the Cullens about my proposition"

I stare at him trying to read his mind but the guards pull me away before I could even do anything.

"Let me go and I won't hurt you both" I offer them as they pull me towards another hallway. They snicker, "yeah no, we'll take our chances"

"I warned ya."

I kicked one of the guards in the face making him fall onto the other one giving me time to run away.

They recovered faster than normal and sped after me but I made a water barrier in between the walls to distract them.

That didn't work very long but it gave me time to find a safe place.

I'm not sure what part of the castle I'm in but at least I'm safe. If Aro knew about me for a long time then what could he have possibly planned? It's  probably nothing good.

I get my phone from my back pocket and call Alice.

[bold:Carlie italics:Alice]

I had a vision

I have something important to tell you too but you can go first.

Okay... well I saw the volturi in the same field where we fought for Reneesme, only this time you were right in the middle trying to make peace. That's when my vision ended though..

About that... Aro knows that me joining the volturi was all a lie

Oh God. I'm guessing he's probably going to offer us some sort of exchange or something?

Yup but I'm not sure what it is and it's bothering me.

Don't stress out about it and get the hell out of there and come back as fast as possible.

Alright.. if I don't make it back in two days, assume that either they caught me or I'm hiding, just don't do anything to cause attention to yourself and maybe we can delay whatever it was that you saw from happening so fast.

Be safe

*end of conversation*

I took in my surroundings, noticing that I was in a janitors closet. I opened the door a bit checking to see if anyone was out there, no one was.

Cautiously, I stepped out of the closet and walked to the end of the hallway. There were two paths, the right, and left. I'm never right so I'll just go left.

I reached the main lobby and sighed in relief. Wow, I can't believe that worked! I froze when I heard footsteps getting nearer.

"Carlie?"

I tried to run the other direction but something held me back. I know that voice..

I turn around and look up, "Embry? What- how?"

He stops me and says, "Alice told me about your phone call and asked me to make sure you made it home safely"

I nod slowly. He gestured for me to follow him and I do.

This is awkward.

[2 hours later]

We had made it safely out of the castle and gotten on an airplane.

To say things were awkward would be an understatement. I hadn't talked to him for what felt like forever and now that he's here I have nothing to say.

"So.. uh.. how have things been?" I asked him trying to start up a conversation.

"Well, we've all been really confused as to why you joined the Volturi, but now that's all been cleared up so we've all just resumed to our normal lives" he shrugs.

"thats-" he cuts me off.

"I got kicked out of the pack" he blurts out.

I stare at him in shock, "is that even possible?"

"Unfortunately, yes" he sighs.

"What'd you do?"

What could've been so bad to make them kick him out of their pack?

"Well its a long story"

"I got time" I answered and got comfortable on the small seat.

_____

40k reads!! that's just- wow  thank you so much :)

[763 words]