Book 1 || Chapter 22 {edited}

All of us in great caution, peek inside the chamber that some of the Volturi guards are in.

Luckily, there are only two guards in there at the moment, we can do this.. right?

I mouth to everyone "on three, one.... two.... three!"

Emmet slams the door open not even caring about how much of a racket he had just made.

what the hell is wrong with him.

In what felt like a fraction of a second, one of the guards attacked Emmet throwing him onto the brick wall, this only angered him and he quickly fought back.

The other guard I had not noticed, too busy looking at the vicious fight, was going straight for me.

Before I even had a chance to react, a sudden blur of red took him down.

I looked and was utterly shocked to see who it was

Alec.

He was breaking every rule he had with his Volturi family, even betraying his own sister who had just happened to show up as he tore the guard's head off, leaving a horrified expression on my face for I had never seen a vampire be killed.

Jane stood bewildered at the sight, I hadn't heard her come in but here she was.

"how dare you"

Alec was approaching her with a look of confusion and slight remorse on his face, probably wondering why he did that, at least that's what I was wondering.

"You are an utter disgrace Alec. Going against the Volturi! How foolish" Jane said still in shock of what had just happened.

"Ja-" Alec tried to speak but was cut off by a very angry Jane.

"This has no explanation whatsoever"

I heard a rip, distracting me from the sibling's quarrel, I looked in the direction the sound had come from, and there Emmet was, holding the other guards head victoriously in his left hand.

Switching my attention back to the siblings, Jane had switched her gaze to me, her eyes filled with anger.

I screamed as I felt the excruciating pain. I dropped to the floor, not being able to stand much longer, then as soon as it started, it stopped.

She was still looking at me with the same stare but when I finally stood, her face was filled with confusion and anger.

I must be a shield like Bella.

Suddenly I hear a slight whisper in my ear, but there's no one even remotely near me.

I focus on the whisper, recognizing Janes voice

'How is this happening?? Aro must've been correct about her having strong powers'

I guess i have Edwards power too.

Remembering that we were supposed to fight the Volturi, I raise my hand and a strong wind blew her straight into the wall.

Jane, realizing she's defenseless, starts to run towards the door, but Emmet stops her and is about to kill her when Alec rushes to her and rips Emmet off of her.

"Don't touch my sister." He snarled.

Emmet had an angered expression on his face once again, but did not move.

" well, well, well... what do we have here "

_____________

[end of book 1]

- thanks for reading my story 💛

( I'll let you guys know when I'll start to write book two and how frequent I'll be updating soon)