Bound Twenty-Three

"750,000 pesos" I quickly looked at Vince and saw that he was gaping at Andrew.

Oh no. What will he make of this? And what is Andrew even doing here?!

Andrew's head was held up high. He looks really confident.

“Well, gentlemen! We have high rollers in the house this evening.”  Excitement flashes on the MC's face as he turns to beam at Vince.

"900,000." counters Vince, quietly.

"2 million." Andrew says.

Could this be any more embarrassing?

Vince stares at him impassively, but he’s amused. All eyes are on Vince. What’s he going to do? My heart is in my mouth.

"20 million pesos. Cash" he says his voice ringing clear and loud through the marquee.

“What the fuck?” Eunice hisses audibly behind me, and a general gasp of dismay and amusement ripples through the crowd.

Andrew holds his hands up in defeat and Vince smirks at him. From the corner of my eye, I can see Ysa bouncing up and down with glee.

“Twenty million pesos for the gorgeous Sabrina! Going once . . . going twice . . .” The MC stares at Andrew who shakes his head with mock regret.

“Sold!” the MC cries out triumphantly.

In a deafening round of applause and cheering, Vince steps forward to take my hand and help me from the stage. He gazes at me with an amused grin as I make my way down, kisses the back of my hand then tucks it into the crook of his arm, and leads me toward the marquee’s exit.

Why did Andrew even did that? I really don't understand him.

“You okay?" He asks.

I nodded in response. I'm still trying to process all these.

Ayoko na talagang maulit to. Kahit kailan. Nakakahiya!

I looked around and I just figured that we were already out of the function hall.

"Wait, Where are we going? Shouldn't we be getting back to our table?" I asked.

He gazes down at me. "Later. Right now, I want to show you something. We have about thirty minutes until the First Dance Auction finishes. Then we have to be back on the dance floor so that I can enjoy that dance I’ve paid for.”

“A very expensive dance,” I mutter disapprovingly.

“I’m sure it’ll be worth every single cent.” He smiles down at me wickedly. Oh, he has a glorious smile.

Clearly, I have no idea where he's taking me.

 Sandali, papunta to sa may swimming pool area ah.

Dumirediretso  kami hanggang sa mapunta kami sa pinaka-dulo kung saan walang ibang taong pumupunta. Kahit ako, never pumunta dito.