Chapter 14 (edited)

Through out the whole process of getting him into the shower there was an awkward silence as Skate stood by the door waiting for me.

After helping Rosati into the shower chair I closed the curtain so that he can, um, strip and shower. I spun on my heels to face Skate and without a word I walked pass him out the door. Now that the moment was over I was freaking out.

Why did he kiss me? He said he wanted to do this since yesterday. Does he mean after what happened at the gym or before?

It can't be before because he hardly spoke a word to me.

"You're not gonna say anything?" Skate asked from behind me as he followed.

"I'm waiting for you to say something." I responded sounding a bit bitter.

"Are you mad?" He asked also seeming to get agitated.

"Well yeah!" I said spinning around and raising my voice. "You can't just do that!"

He looked me in the eyes and I can feel his anger growing. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand before leading me upstairs. Once in my bedroom he locked the door.

"You can't get mad, you kissed me back." He said pointing an accusing finger at me.

Hearing him say that my anger subsided and a blush crept into my cheeks.

"Well you could have given me a warning, or more time to figure out whatever this is." I said motioning between us.

"What do you mean?" He asked getting closer to me, also less angry.

"Well we just met yesterday and I thought you hated me. Then we have lunch and only after a couple of hours of knowing each other we have a deep conversation. This morning still doesn't seem real. Like was that a date or something?" I started rambling.

"I wanted it to be." He took a step closer. All anger out the window.

"What do you mean?" Now it was my turn to be confused.

"Yesterday at a fucking McDonald's I told you things that I don't usually talk about but for some fucking reason I wanted to talk to you about it." He said looking deep into my eyes. "And after staying up all night thinking about you I had full intention of coming straight up to you and asking you out."

"Then why didn't you?" I asked curiously.

"I panicked." He said embarrassed.

Did I hear that right?

Did I make the bad scary moody guy in front of me panic?

When I first laid eyes on Skate I immediately knew that he had walls miles high and lined with barbed wire. That's why I stayed up thinking of the fact that only after hours of knowing him he let me see inside.

I mean, I still don't know him that much. I'm not saying he told me his whole life story but, he did tell me personal stuff regarding his family. I thought that never in a million years would he let anyone in. He even said it himself, the only people he trusted were Nathan and Rosati.

"Say something." He whispered nervously.

"Yes." Was the only thing I could say.

"Yes?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yes I'll like to go out with you, is what I would have said." I said shyly looking at the ground.

I heard him chuckle before he took that last step. I looked up to him and caught him giving me a goofy smile.

"So would it still be a yes if I ask you again tomorrow?" He asked.

"Maybe." I joked.

"Maybe?" He repeated in question.

"You'll just have to wait until tomorrow to hear my answer." I said walking away from him and going back downstairs.

When I got downstairs I noticed Nathan was gone.

"Where's Nathan?" I asked Skate.

"Most likely with Lili." He answered disinterested.

"Oh okay." I said sitting down on the couch.

"Aaliyah!" I heard Rosati calling from his bathroom. I got up and walked in.

"Yeah?" I called into the bathroom waiting on the other side of the door.

"I'm finished." He said. I entered praying he wasn't naked.

Thankfully I found he had his sweatpants on. I helped him off the shower chair and into his wheelchair. Once he was situated he pulled his T-shirt on and rolled out of the bathroom. I followed him to the living room and saw that Nathan and Lili had joined Skate.

"So what are we going to do for Lunch?" Asked Lili when we had all been seated.

The three boys looked at each other before simultaneously saying "Chinese."

"Okay great it's been decided. Lili and I would go get it." Nathan said jumping up and Lili smiles and stood up. They took each of our orders and headed out.

As soon as the two left I turned to face the boys sitting on the couch in front of me. Well, Skate was on the couch and Rosati was on his chair next to it.

"So do you think they like each other?" I asked to break the tension.

"Well one would hope so since they're dating and all." Skate answered.

"They're dating?!" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, unfortunately." Rosati said with an eye roll.

"Why unfortunately?" I questioned.

"Well for starters I don't like the fact that my basically brother is doing the nasty with my little sister." He said with a disgusted look on his face. "And secondly, he's like twenty years old and she just turned seventeen."

"You're twenty years old?" I asked Skate.

"Yeah." He said absentmindedly while scrolling through his phone. I know it's not a big deal but I was assuming he was nineteen like Rosati. 

"How old are you?" Skate asked me now that he had put his phone away.

"Eighteen." I told him.

"Awe baby, you're still a baby." As soon as he called me baby my heart skipped a beat and Rosati's jaw clenched.

"I'm just two years younger." I said sheepishly and with a blush.

"So you two sure move quickly don't ya." Rosati asked sarcastically but with a hint of irritation.

"Don't." Skate warned him through his clenched teeth.

"Whatever." Rosati dismissed rolling around to head back to his room and slammed the door.

"What was that about?" I asked Skate who seemed to be steaming with anger.

"Nothing." And with that he took his phone out and I was left in complete silence.