Chapter 12 (edited)

Laying in my bed at 2 in the morning I couldn't stop thinking of Skate.

After the whole pickle fiasco I witnessed him peel off a layer.

We talked for the remainder of that hour before we picked up Nathan and Rosati. We talked about how he met Rosati and I told him how I started working for him.

We also talked about my family and his lack of. I found out that the only people in the world he considers family is his brother, Rosati, and occasionally Lili.

After that one hour we spent together it felt like I have known him longer than an afternoon. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked the time.

3:15 am.

It has now been another hour that I haven't been able to sleep. Great.I'll just count to 100 and see if that helps.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven..twelve.. thirteen...fourteen....fifteen.....sixte.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!BEEP

"Seventeen!" I got startled awake by that excessive beeping.

BEEP!

"What the hell is that?" I looked around my room to find the source of the sound. I noticed some flashing coming from my phone and realized it was an alarm. However, that's not the ringtone I had set.

8:15 am.

"Holy shit!" Okay, now I realize why I didn't recognize it. The alarm is set to change to 'panic mode' whenever I miss the original alarm too many times.

I always get up on the first alarm which is set at 5am because I need to be at work at 7 am. Now I'm a whole hour late!

I quickly jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair into a bun. I then ran down stairs and grabbed my shoes that were near the door. I grabbed whatever sweater was there and my purse before I flew out the door.

I'm so grateful to the gods that for some random reason I decided to shower last night instead of in the morning like I usually do. I am also grateful I slept in leggings and not my usual oversized sweats that have been passed down from all of my older siblings.

With LA traffic I got lucky and pulled into the house in 45 minutes rather than the hour it usually takes.

I sprinted into the house and dumped my things by the door. I quickly popped the pills into the bowl, got the smoothie and swiftly entered his room. It didn't register in my head to go in slow and quietly as he might be sleeping. I stood in the door way to check if he was sleeping before I tiptoed to his bedside.

"Call next time." The lump of sheets spoke.

"What?" I asked into the darkened room.

"Next time you're going to be late just call instead of hastily stampeding into the house like that ." He said mumbling with sleep.

"Okay,sorry. I will never be late again it's just I couldn't sleep last night because... never mind you probably don't care." I can't believe I almost told him I was late because of his best friend who I had just met yesterday!

"Hey look at you! Already catching up!" He jokes while sitting up and pulling the sheets off of him.

He took the pills in his hand and swallowed them dry before grabbing the bottle and chugging it all down.