Chapter 13 (edited)

"Come on you have like ten! Just let me have one!"

Once our food had arrived Skate got every strawberry jam packet they had at the table and began smearing it on his pancakes. I had to beg him to let me have a single packet of the jam.

"Just use the grape ones! I need all ten." He said as he opened the eighth packet.

"No I don't like grape!" I whined.

"Well suck it up buttercup." He then laughed as he dramatically opened the last of the strawberry jam.

"Jerk." I pouted and waited for our waitress to pass by to ask for more.

"What can I help you with?" She asked. While the question was directed to me, since I was the one that called her, she was looking at Skate. More like eye rapping him.

"Can we please get some more strawberry jam and French vanilla creamer please." I asked with a passive aggressive smile.

"Of course, coming right up." She replied with the same fake cheerfulness. Before fully walking away she winked at Skate. Insert eye roll here please.

"Any longer and she would have jumped you." I said rolling my eyes.

"Are you jealous?" He asked with a cocky smirk.

"What! No, it's just not very appetizing seeing her eye rape you like that. Makes me want to throw up." I fake gagged for emphasis.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say." He said as he finally cut into his pancakes. "So, you should give me your number." 

"What?"

"Oh of course!" I heard someone else answer. I looked up to see it was our waitress who happened to walk up to us at the same time.

Of course he was talking to her.

"Not you." He said dismissing her and turning to me.

"Oh yeah I guess." He reached into his pocket and pull out a sleek black iPhone and slid it over to me.

I quickly typed in my number under Aaliyah and slid it back to him. Once it was back in his hands he typed something in. Within seconds I felt my phone vibrate from my purse.

I took it out and found a message from an unknown number.

From: (818)309-3020: 😜

I added the number to my contacts before replying.

To: Sk8- 😋

He opened it and smiled before putting it away again. After that we ate in silence. The only thing breaking the silence was the waitress passing by every 5 minutes to ask if we (Skate) needed more coffee.

Once we were ready for the bill she brought separate checks.

"No it's together." Skate told her.

"It's okay I can pay for my own." I said reaching for my wallet.

"No you're fucking not." He said as he grabbed my bill from my hand and gave them both to her with his debit card. "Just charge them both to me, I never let a woman pay for herself on a date."

At the date part I chocked on my saliva and Selena, the waitress, glared at me. She yanked the bills from his hand and spun around without another word.

"That would get her to leave me alone now." He sighed in relief.

"So you just said we were on a date to get her to leave you alone?" I asked to clarify.

"Yeah." He said it like it was no big deal.

"Okay." I hate to admit that it broke my heart a little.

"Is that a problem?" He asked studying my face.

"No, no problem." I said trying to mask my disappointment.

"Here." Selena came back and handed Skate his card and receipt. She left without further comment, obviously upset that he was here with me.

"Let's go!" He said standing up and reaching for my hand once I was up too. My heart skipped a beat the second I felt his heat in my hand. However, as we were walking out I caught Selena give our interlocked hands the evil eye. So he did it to get the message clear to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as we walked into the house the boys who were sitting on the couch turned to face us.

"So did you two have fun?" Nathan asked while wiggling his eyebrows at us.

"Fuck off." Skate answered his brother. Nathan turned to me and winked causing me to turn bright red. Did they think we went on a date? 

Looking into Rosati's eyes all I saw was anger. Was he mad that I went out when I was supposed to be working?

"Is there anything you need me to do?" I asked him.

"Well I've been needing a shower so maybe go get the water started." He said as he stared into the TV that was displaying a paused game.

"Okay I'll get on that." I said cheerfully to dull the awkwardness. He didn't say anything so I headed to the bathroom.

I chose some sweats and a simple black T-shirt for him. I turned the water to the hottest setting and let it heat up. After a couple of minutes I heard someone enter the room.

"I don't know how hot you like it so I'm letting it heat up all the way." I called out.

I felt someone grab my waist and spin me around.

"I like it really hot." Skate mumbled as he leaned into me.

"Skate? What are you doing?" I sighed out watching him eye my lips.

"What I've been wanting to do since yesterday." And with that his lips connected to mine.

As he kissed me and I kissed back the heat from the water steamed around us. I can't believe he's kissing me. I can't believe I'm letting him I mean we just met yesterday.

I felt his fingers run through my hair and held my chin as he deepened the kiss.

"What the fuck?" Rosati cursed as he witnessed our make out.

"Oh my god, Rosati I'm so sorry. I'll finish getting your shower ready." I said not being able to look him in the eyes and turning away from Skate towards the shower.

I can't believe my boss caught me making out with his best friend!