Chapter 3 (edited)

"I said the upstairs is all yours. There are two rooms, the smaller one can be used as a small office if you'd like. It has a desk and computer in there already and the other room is already all furnished." She explained, figuring that that was the part I was confused about.

She acted so nonchalant about the fact that I would basically be living in the same house as her son.

'Knock it off Aaliyah! This is strictly professional, no need to be scared of him!' My conscious is right. Why am I so scared to be alone with this guy?

Maybe it's the fact that I could have possibly gone to school with him and he might remember what a loser I was. He would probably treat me like a slave since I was always so publicly bullied.

"...ahead." I realized that Chloe had kept talking while I zoned out.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I looked at her sheepishly hoping she would think I just didn't hear clearly instead of not having had heard her at all.

"I said that if you would like to go see your room you can go ahead." She said in a clearer and bit louder voice.

"Okay, thank you." I said while making my way to the stair case.

From the top I can see down a hall and found three doors. I walked to open the first one, it was the office. Like she said, it only contained a small black desk with a white Mac desk top computer.

Moving on to the next door and I found the bathroom. It had the same white counter top as the kitchen and a small glass shower with abstract mosaic tile that had different shades of blue.

With one last look I closed the door and opened the only door left. The room was huge! Right as you open the door you find a king sized bed centered on the back wall, which looked to be stone or concrete. The left side wall was just huge windows with a small sitting area in front of it.

It was really simple yet gorgeous.

I walked a bit closer to the windows to see the view. There was a small pond and a swing set a few feet away from the back porch.

It was hard to believe this was still in the same property as the main house. This one had a modern cottage feel while the main house had a luxurious feel.

Meeting Chloe downstairs, she right away got to business again.

"Okay so let's talk rules." She said looking at me with a serious face, with out a trace of her bubbly smile.

"Okay." I said so timidly.

"Rule number 1, no visitors." She started counting on her fingers. "Rule number 2, you should never be in my sons room for any reason other than to assist him. So no hanging out there or anything. If you would like to spend time together then that should be done in the living room." She looked at me to see if I comprehended.

"Rule number 3," She continues. "There should be absolutely no intimate relationship between you two. You will be fired immediately " That part she seemed to be the most serious since she held eye contact and I was too scared to say anything after that so I just gulped and nodded.

After a few more seconds of her staring me down, she jumped right back into her cheerleader mode.

"So as long as you follow those 3 simple rules we would have so much fun!" She said while clapping her hands. "Now off to the garage!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching the the back of the house the garage that I had first noticed turned out to be the first of four. From her office window only one was within view.

"So like I said the third one is off limits but, you can go ahead and choose any from the second." She then swung the door open and I saw a row of shiny cars, there was 6 in total.

"This is the first one, it houses our daily drivers." She said it as if it was no big deal and hardly worth looking at.

There are two Mercedes Benz,one black and one white. A white Tesla, a black Audi and a white BMW.

"Now moving on to the second." She said leading the way. "These are just extra cars we don't really use and staff are welcomed to use."

These were not as luxurious as the first ones but they were still really nice. They were all grey.

I can see that they're two of each. "So go ahead and choose one and you can go ahead and move it to the first garage so you won't have to come all the way over here every time you go somewhere."

I walked in a bit further to look at my options; 2018 Toyota Corolla, 2017 Toyota Prius, 2018 Honda Accord, and 2017 Jeep Cherokee.

"Um I guess I'll just take the Toyota Corolla." I said trying not to sound too excited.

"Okay great!" She said with a huge smile and opened a small box next to the door. Sifting through it she came out with a single key.

"Here you go!" She said handing me the key.

"Thank you so much!" I said barley able to hide my excitement. I can't believe I had the opportunity to work in such a nice place with such a nice boss.

"No problem sweetie." She beamed at me. "You're going to need a car to get to appointments and run errands. I remembered you saying that you sometimes have to share your car. I don't want you to end up not having a car one day and not being able to go anywhere."

I was just speechless at the fact that she was really understanding of my situation

"So as long as you just follow all the rules we should have absolutely no problems." She said again with her serious voice.

Gulp.