Chapter Five:

• Dedicated to MandaSwaggie

Chapter Five:

My hands fumbled for my phone as it threatened to slip out of my hands while Harry and I stood in that corner.  I was already ready to run.  I wasn't expecting him to be a celebrity; one of the biggest celebrities at that.  

I was a normal girl, I was expecting a normal boy who I could have a normal relationship with, with a normal engagement and normal wedding, with normal children.  

Instead it was Louis, one of the most sought after men in the world.  Someone who could probably never be normal no matter how much he tried. Well.. there goes that normal life I thought I'd have, because I was in love with a five star celebrity.

I glanced towards Louis' and then to Harry, then to the other three who were laughing like this was the funniest thing in the entire world.  I felt Harry's hand overlay mine and slowly he began moving me towards the table where the rest of One Direction sat.

---

"Uh.."  My mouth hung open as Louis and I stared at each other.  This was not how I imagined us meeting each other.  I imagined an awkward hello and maybe a hug, possibly some laughs while we ate and just.. anything that wasn't this.  

I sat between Harry and Louis, while the other boys who I knew to be Liam, Zayn and Niall were just staring at us in amusement.  "You guys going to kiss then?"  

My face immediately burst into heat and I knew that my cheeks had to be bright red as I just played with fingers as they sat in my lap.  This was awful, worse than awful.  Louis and I hadn't spoken more than three words to each other, my face probably looked like a tomato and I was on the verge of crying.  

I couldn't even enjoy my time with Harry!  

After a while, Liam stood up and smiled apologetically towards me before ushering everyone away. "Come on, let the lovebirds have some time together, this is their first meeting and we're making it horribly awkward.  Get up and move."  

I sighed in relief as Harry, Niall, Zayn and Liam all moved as far as they could away from us just as the food we'd all ordered came to the tables.

"I'm sorry.  I should have warned you, I didn't think.. You'd be the same Elle that Harry kept talking about.  I mean, what are the chances, you know?  I also didn't think to tell you who I was, but that's because I was nervous Elle, so I'm sorry."

I blinked as he spoke almost too quickly before smiling and shrugging.  I knew he couldn't have expected this, he probably was a bit nervous to tell me he was a celebrity.  Normal girls would have freaked out and then started bragging that they were dated THE Louis Tomlinson.  

But I wasn't normal; at least in this aspect.  I was happy though.  The man I fell in love with wasn't an old pedophile, he wasn't some fake on the internet who was going to gangbang me, and I didn't have to worry about him and my best friend getting along, because.. well they're bandmates and best friends also.  

Suddenly, this didn't seem so bad.  

"I'm glad it was you," I muttered, blushing as I stared down at my plate of so far uneaten food, debating whether or not I should tell him that I loved him.

After only a couple of seconds, I decided.. No.  No I shouldn't.  What kind of girl tells a guy she loves them on the first date?  Sure, it was true, I loved him but I didn't want to freak him out.  

"I'm glad it was you too, Elle.  I dont know what I would have done if it was some teenage girl who would scream upon seeing me and beg me for an autograph.  I dont want my girlfriend asking me for an autograph, that'd be awkward."

My body froze with a forkful of food halfway to my mouth before I sat it back down again.  I looked up into his gorgeous blue eyes doubtfully.  His eyes shone almost innocently and his hair was styled away from his face expertly, giving you the best view of all his amazing features.  

He looked like perfection.  

That perfection had just called me his girlfriend.  

"Wait, what did you just say?" I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth as I thought over what he said.  Did that mean he thought of me as his girlfriend, or was he planning on asking me, or was it just a statement?  I thought of him as my boyfriend, we called each other the right names and had flirted and all of that..  I could only hope he thought the same.  

"I said I was glad that it was you I've been talking to and not some crazy girl who would squeal and ask for autographs."  

"Yes, but what did you call me?"

Understanding finally dawned into his gorgeous eyes and he almost looked.. nervous.  Almost.  

"My girlfriend?  Why, you dont want to be? Should I have not said that?"  

I grinned, then without really thinking about what I was going to do, I threw my arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly to me.  I'd been so worried about him thinking I was weird for calling him my boyfriend, and to find out that he thought of me as his girlfriend.. well it was a huge relief.  I sighed happily as his scent wrapped itself around my senses and he wrapped his arms around me too.

Then, whistles and cheers broke us apart, making me blush as I smiled softy at the other four members.  Maybe.. maybe this wouldn't be so bad, we could figure something out right?  It wasn't the end of the world.. I was Louis' girlfriend and Harry's good friend, I was happy.. what could possibly go wrong?