Chapter Four:

[[Dedicated to BelWatson because even though her stories aren't the most popular 1D fan fictions, I think that they're by far some of the best!  If you guys haven't checked her out yet, you definitely should ^_^]]

Chapter Four:

All day that Friday, Louis and I texted back and forth, and every second text was something like 'I can't wait to see you!'  It was exciting and I'd never been so enthusiastic about something before in my life, I'd gone the entire day smiling like a loon and everyone noticed.  

Whenever anyone asked, I'd just answer with, "I've got a hot date tonight!"

As I got ready for said 'hot date', I hummed to myself, glad to have something to do on a Friday night besides laze around my house and doing my vlog as I usually did.  I put on the nicest blue shirt I owned, which was a light blue with a darker blue outline of a rose and small rhinestones on it.  It was a cheap shirt, I was pretty sure I'd gotten it at Walmart actually, which wasn't something I should be seen next to THE Harry Styleswith but it couldn't be helped.

I sighed, pulling my hair up into a bun but leaving a few curled tendrils to float around my head.  Checking in the mirror, I reaized how much the hairstyle suited me, and as I looked at myself, for the first time I didn't feel just 'normal' I felt.. pretty. 

I didn't wear any makeup and I just worse my usual converse, blue jeans and then my light blue shirt and I was ready to go.

An hour earlier than I needed to be, unfortunately, but still ready.  

I looked out my window, noticing nobody was down visiting the ducks today and so I decided that I'd waste my extra time by going out and feeding them.  Walking out of my room, I came face to face with my sister, whose hand was connected to some other boys, who looked considerably younger.  

"Who is he and why are you holding hands and going to your room?"  

"None of it is any of your business, but this is my boyfriend Neuman and we're going to go listen to music and hang out."   Her eyes glared hatefully, daring me to ask another question and her boyfriend just stared at her like she was the best thing that ever happened to him.  

A boy who could look at my sister like that.. couldn't be all bad, right?  

"Just keep your door opened.  Mom will be back in like, ten minutes and she'll throw a fit if she finds you in your room with a boy and the door is shut.  I'm going to the lake for a while, then I have a date.  I'll be back tonight, Mandy."

"Whatever." 

I watched as she pulled the boy into her room and slammed the door shut then shrugged.  Mom would be back soon and take care of her, as much as I loved my sister, I wasn't going to put up with her bratty behavior.  

Not today, anyway.

I grabbed a loaf of bread off of the top of our old refridgerator and ran down to the lake, smiling as at least fifteen ducks ran over to me immediately.  They were all differen't shapes and colors, large white ones and brown ones, some with a crest ball of fluff on top of their heads, some with loud quacks and soft quacks but they were all beautiful.  

"Good evening, my beauties!" I untied the loaf and took a couple of pieces out, breaking them into small pieces before throwing some out into the lake and some around me.  Even more ducks raced to meet me and steal my bread as I continued to feed them for a long while.  

My phone beeped for the first time in a good bit of time, and I took it out to check the text, realizing it was from Louis and I smiled widely.  

[Fifteen more minutes.  I can't wait to see you.]