"He's your lobster"

Drowsiness erupts me as I dose in and out. The early morning light makes its way into my bedroom and I fight it as much as I can. I don't want to be awake right now, but I can't seem to fully be asleep either. 

My eyes squint as I look across the room to the clock. 

6:25 am.

Yeahhhh, I don't think so. 

I roll over and sleep finally surrounds me. 

"Ouch," I hear coming from the kitchen. 

I stir. 

"Mother trucker," the voice echoes. 

I rub my eyes and gain consciousness. "Owwwww!"

What in the world...

My feet find the floorboard and I head in the direction of the chime.

"Hero?" I ask when I see his large frame standing in front of the fridge. He has the freezer door open and a bag of frozen peas resting on his cheek. He groans as I say his name. 

"Baby?" 

I walk towards him and take the peas out of his hand. 

"What are you doing?"

His fingers grip around my wrists as he pulls me to him. He leans down and lays his head on my chest, almost causing me to fall. He presses his entire weight onto my body. 

"My mouth hurts," he mumbles. I throw the peas over on the counter and gently stroke the loose hairs off of his face. 

"What did you do to your mouth?" I ask. I glance down at his face to see it's actually quite swollen on the left side. 

"Dental work, drilling, headache." 

I can kind of make out his stutters. 

"You went to the dentist this morning?" 

He leans even further into me and I hold him up the best that I can. I think he says "yes," but it's very faint. 

"Why don't we go lay down?" I suggest.  Asking him too many questions seems a little uncanny at least until his mouth is less inflamed. He nods into my neck. 

We begin walking and he stumbles multiple times. Each time his foot catches on the flat surface, he lets out a series of curse words. Some are comprehensible, some sound like a toddler learning the alphabet. 

As we make it to my room, Hero falls onto the unmade side of the bed. I wasn't expecting him over otherwise I would've tidied up a bit. 

I lower him down, but he holds onto me, flipping us over and causing me to lay on top of him. 

"Stay," he breathes. 

His arms lock around my waist and his head buries into my hair. His hold is tight but not suffocating. I don't really think I have a choice of going anywhere now, not that I was planning on it. 

"Stay with me forever," he whispers before a light snore comes from his lips. I pick my head up and look at him from my position on his chest. He looks so delicate, so beautiful. I don't think I've thanked the Lord above enough for blessing me with someone so incredible. I hope he stays MINE forever because I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with him through all the ends of the world and i've never felt so sure of something in my entire life. 

He's my lobster. 

_____

Ayo, anyone get that Friends reference? I don't really care for lobsters so maybe that's why I can't find mine? Oof. 

Much love lovlies! 

-Kat and Bry