(12) If I can't have you nobody can

If I can't have you nobody can

Chapter 12

I followed Jeremy to a big desk with a lot of computers on and sat down next to him. He logged onto one of the computers with a password that he typed way to fast for me to memorize. The computer opened a screen with a lot of files on but none of the name made any sense to me.

"I'm creating a new system so that it'll be easier to track the progress of the experiments" He said clicking on one of the files. It was labeled Black Sunshine which really didn't make any sense to me.  

"Oh, ok," I said grabbing the notepad that was lying in front of him and taring out a page. There was some pens lying on the desk so I took one and quickly scribbled on the piece of paper.

What's going on? I wrote and passed the paper to him hoping that nobody saw.  

We can't talk here, I'll come to you house tonight. He wrote and slipped the paper back to me. He watched me as I read it and snatched it away before I could write a reply. He crumpled it up and threw it in the dustbin along with some other papers that was lying on the desk.

He returned his attention back to the computer screen in front of us and started explaining to me what he was doing as he inserted new tabs and columbs for all sorts of information that made no sense to me. When he was done creating the page he saved it and started filling in some information from a file he took out of his drawer.

The file was also labeled as black sunshine but there was no photo in the front like there was in the others. I read the information as Jeremy typed it in and listened to him as he explained what he was doing. Once he was done with this file he was going to let me fill in the information from one of the other files so I had to pay attention.

The things he was filling in didn't really make much sense to me. It was mostly the names of the drugs, the amounts that the subject was given and how the subject reacted to the drugs. The subjects reactions wasn't explained in too much detail but I could see that there was a lot of information that was written in the file that Jeremy was leaving out.

"Why aren't typing in all the information?" I asked as curiosity got the best of me.  

"It's not necessary, this system is just to track the drugs. I just added the reaction columb for the fun of it," he answered nonchalantly and continued typing in the information. His words almost made me gag. How can the reactions of the subjects ever be considered fun in any way?

When Jeremy was done he put away the file and handed me one. I typed in the information like he showed me and was grateful by the time my dad arrived telling me that it was time to go home. I didn't want to talk to my dad or face my mom at home knowing that she was in on all of this but being at home was better then being at the lab. Atleast there they can't force me to inject innocent animals with their drugs.

The drive home was long and silent. I had nothing to say to my dad and he obviously felt the same way. When we got home I noticed two big men walking around the inside of our yard.

"Their here to make sure you don't go anywhere," my dad answered my question without me having to ask. I shook my head and got out of the car feeling fear rise up inside of me. I followed my dad into the house and was planning on making a run to my room but before I could my mom entered the room and announced that we were all going to have dinner together. I cringed at the thought but knew I didn't have a choice.

We ate dinner around the table but I couldn't really get myself to eat so I mostly pushed my food around on my plate. I felt sick to my stomach having to sit there between my obviously crazy mom and dad. They talked as if everything was normal. How could they act like nothing was wrong after what had happened?