(6) If I can't have you nobody can

If I can't have you nobody can

Chapter 6

I went into complete shock as I stared into his bright blue eyes. My body was frozen in place and I couldn't get myself to scream much less say a single word. The guy looked at me with a mixture of confusion and hope in his eyes. Our faces were so close to each other's that I could feel his cold breath on my skin.

"Help me... please," he whispered softly looking straight into my eyes. His words shocked me back to reality and I was about to ask him how I was supposed to help him when I felt a sharp pain in my back. My vision started blurring as soon as I felt the pain and then everything went black.

I woke up feeling awful and disorientated. My head was throbbing painfully and I felt nauseous and dizzy. Darkness surrounded me but somehow I knew I wasn't at home. I sat up holding my head in my hand as all the memories of what had happened flashed through my mind. One stood out more clearly then the others. The guy in the cage asking me to help him.

I focused my eyes on the darkness in front of me and could faintly make out the form of steel bars. A cage.

I tried jumping up but fell over before I could get to my feet. My whole body was aching and moving made me feel even more nauseous but I couldn't just sit there and wonder. I got onto my knees and hands and managed to crawl forward two spaces before I reached the steel bars. I pulled myself to my feet using them to keep my balance.

I followed the bars up with my hand until they stopped and started running in a different direction above my head. I moved faster this time feeling panic rise up in me. I moved to my sides and to the back of me just to feel steel bars surrounding me on all sides. I was in a cage.

I let out an ear piercing scream as I fell down on the hard ground. I still couldn't see much but from what I could tell the cage was only big enough for me to stand up straight and move a few steps in each direction. The floor was cold and hard.

I had a million of questions running through my mind as I laid down wrapping my arms tightly around my legs. My sobs broke the silence that was surrounding me as I laid there wondering. Why am I in this cage? Where is Jeremy? Who was the guy in the cage? Why was he in that cage and what was my dad doing to him? What were they going to do to me?

I must have laid there sobbing like that for a very long time but eventually my tears ran out and the room was filled with silence again.

"Are you ok?" I heard a strangely familiar voice ask. I immediately recognized it as the guy in the cage and felt a tinge of hope as I realized I wasn't completely alone.  

"I'm not sure," I answered honestly. I felt awful.  

"It's the tranquilizer, it will wear off after a few hours," he replied.  

"Tranquilizer," I stated finally realizing what the sharp pain in my back was.  

"Just lay still and try to relax, fighting it only makes it worse," he said and by the tone of his voice I could hear that he knew what he was talking about.

I turned around trying to get comfortable but gave up after changing my position a few times. The floor was hard and cold and no matter how I moved my body still hurt. I settled for lying on my side and tried to take a few deep breaths. The guy told me to relax but I wasn't really getting it right. I was way too freaked out and scared.

"We could try talking, it might help you relax," the guy suggested. I wondered what on earth we could possible talk about that would help me relax but before I could say anything he started talking again.

"What's your name?" he asked sounding closer than before. I sat up and focused my eyes in the direction I heard his voice coming from. I could make out some movement so I crawled over to it and found the guy sitting on the floor looking at me.

"Kaiden," I replied sitting down apposite from him. We were so close that I could see his face, the only thing separating us were the steel bars of our cages. I didn't have a chance to really look at him before but now that I was sitting so close to him staring straight at him I could make out his features clearly.

He had straight black hair hanging just past his chin and pale white skin. His eyes were such a bright blue that they were almost shining in the dark that surrounded us. He is absolutely gorgeous, almost inhumanly beautiful.

We sat there staring at each other for what must have been a few minutes before I found my voice again.

"What's your name?" I asked not knowing what else to ask.  

"Sidney," he replied as the corner of his mouth turned up into a smile